Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Beach Boys

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Anyone else going to see the zimmer frame surfer's last hurrah tomorrow night at Wembley Arena?

Likely to be the last time ever that 5 of the band appear together on stage again.

No need for non-fans to get abusive please...

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I saw them on later with Jools the other night. To be honest I thought they were a touch embarrassing, they are simply too old. Maybe if they had got back together in the 90's or even 10 years ago, but now they seem too frail, the lungs have packed up and they cant hold a note. The sound is mostly the backing band.

They seemed puffed out after 3 songs on "later", so lord knows what it'll be like after an hour.

I can understand the draw i.e seeing the Beach Boys, but isn't a bit too late in the day? Just my opinion like.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I saw them on later with Jools the other night. To be honest I thought they were a touch embarrassing, they are simply too old. Maybe if they had got back together in the 90's or even 10 years ago, but now they seem too frail, the lungs have packed up and they cant hold a note. The sound is mostly the backing band.

They seemed puffed out after 3 songs on "later", so lord knows what it'll be like after an hour.

I can understand the draw i.e seeing the Beach Boys, but isn't a bit too late in the day? Just my opinion like.

I think your last point is probably why i'm going.. i have seen them as a 2 piece (Love & Johnston) twice in the last 10 years and have to say they were suprisingly excellent.. and saw Wilson in 2002 which was also tremendous.
I think just the final opportunity to see 5 of the band for one last time is the main draw for me. They may be a bit puffed out, but they have their place in the history of music and I hope to enjoy that one last time.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Saw them a couple of years ago at Bestival. Thought they were terrific, especially for their age. To be fair, wasn't exactly in the clearest of minds...

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
would love to have gone. Saw them a couple of years ago at the Brighton Centre and it was an excellent show - albeit with the watered down line-up....
Anybody got their new album? Is it worth getting??

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I've seen Brian Wilson and 'The Beach Boys' before. It was enjoyable enough but it's the nostalgia factor you're buying really, as they're obviously a shadow of their former selves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I heard the live version of Good Vibrations from a recent concert on Radio 2 earlier this week, it was very very good. I was expecting it to be a tad embarrassing. If they maintain that voice quality throughout it should be amazing. Musically it was very tight, but then I'd expect that.

Have fun!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Intermission time (needed as the guys are about 70 ish)
Have to say not disappointed at all... If I've got this much energy and power and harmony in my voice at that age I'll be pleased! Top notch show so far...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meola's Loan Spell is there tonight. As is my Dad. He's not gone with TMLS though. I doubt he could cope with the swearing.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Jealous - would love to have been there.

Just got the new DVD off iTunes - Doin' It Again - very good so far. Hopefully they will bring out a DVD of this tour in the near future.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
On the train on way back. Absolutely superb...will never see the like again. Apparently they played SIXTY ONE songs!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've seen Brian Wilson and 'The Beach Boys' before. It was enjoyable enough but it's the nostalgia factor you're buying really, as they're obviously a shadow of their former selves.

With all due respect that is absolute bollocks. I went with [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] and a couple of others last night and we both agreed it was one of the best gigs we've ever been to (and we've seen one or two in our time). It was a phenomenal gig from start to finish and they were on top form, Brian Wilson was extremely with-it last night, laughing and joking, Jardine was just in his element, Marks and Johnston were effortlessly cool and Mike Love absolutely bossed it at centre stage.

I spoke with others who had seen the Beach Boys before and they said that this was up there with the best that they can remember.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They were distinctly average on Jools this week, but they were probably just in shock at having to share a studio with our Johnny....... he is surely as mad as a box of frogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here