Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bastards ! Lewes Council to challenge Falmer

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
If Lewes council take it to the high court and lose again can the Albion sue them for lose of revenue or something for there delaying tactics as well as losing the case?

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
rogue said:
If Lewes council take it to the high court and lose again can the Albion sue them for lose of revenue or something for there delaying tactics as well as losing the case?

Doubt it, this is between LDC and the Government - the club isn't involved.

Looking on the bright side, we have had a Judicial Review go against us before, but that made bugger all difference to the new seats going in at Withdean, other than a hefty delay.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
My understanding of a JD is even if LDC prove that the Gov have acted in breach of any planning condition it is not legally binding and ODPM can only be asked to look again at their decision.

There is still a long way to go on this LDC may well pull out a Judicial review on cost reasons.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I want to know, are the club going to carry on as normal and secure the money for Falmer etc, while this is going on? or is it all going to be frozen while this goes to the High Court?

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Captain Sensible said:
I want to know, are the club going to carry on as normal and secure the money for Falmer etc, while this is going on? or is it all going to be frozen while this goes to the High Court?
Dick Knight said this morning that the work will continue as planned.

Cannot see this will delay anything unless it gets to the stage where a JD ruling asks the ODPM to look again at the decision.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I thought people on here were a bit to quick to start bad mouthing Falmer residents.:nono:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The District Council has never argued that the Albion should not have a new stadium and believes there are alternative sites available which are more suitable for this development.

This is on the LDC website this morning. Sorry but I thought that was the whole point of opening up the enquiry again. It was decided that Falmer is the only site end of.
A wanky email has been sent telling LDC of their political downfall.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
What are yu moaning about? This is the law. Its their right. You will get your stadium once this process is complete.

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
mona said:
The fact that you are a LibDem is good news as we can put more pressure on the anti-football elitists who are mismanaging Lewes DC. De Vecchi and her cronies have made life unpleasant for many of us over the last couple of years. Now is payback time. Please could you write to LibDem HQ, Charles Kennedy etc.
I believe Mark Oathen MP is a LibDem who is mildly in favour of the stadium.

As a Lib Dem as well, I just want to say that there are more Lib Dems in the country pro-Falmer than there are anti (quite a few of the Lib Dem MPs signed the Early Day Motion on Falmer a while back, including Mark Oaten and Ed Davey, the Lib Dems on Brighton and Hove council voted for the stadium); I for one will certainly be in touch with Lewes District Council about this.

Anyone who wants to write to Charles Kennedy can do so at House of Commons, London, SW1A OAA. The reply I expect you will get back will be along the lines of "its a decision for the local councillors", but it can't do any harm to make the party leadership aware of the situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here