Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Are the crappy conditions gonna change any time soon? I could do with some sunshine, be that unusually mild February sunshine, or bright, frosty winter sunshine. I'm so fed up with the wind and rain and general bleakness. Just glad and grateful that I'm not one of the poor sods who are flooded.

This. A few crisp sunny winter days would be a welcome distraction or as mentioned a few sunny days hitting low teens.

Pretty much rained and wind everyday for several months now. It is actually ridiculous

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
In Worthing we got heavy thundery showers, but nothing wintry. I'd guess the main reason we only saw rainw as the wind direction down here was just off the sea, a WSW, so lots of warm air off the Channel.

Heavy is an understatement - i thought that the world had ended at 5am this morning! The thunder was as loud as i've heard it in many a year.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm half expecting a Daily Express front page claiming that temperatures will plummet, the floods will freeze and Britain will enter a new ice age

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Wettest I have ever been walking the dog on the hill fort about 5 this evening, the skys went black and I got soaked as if we had jumped into a river, only to climb out and have hail blasted at us from a giant wind tunnel. Even the dog looked defeated at that stage, when are we due some sunshine...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have just about had enough of this Winter now. F*CK OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You will be pleased to know the last to GFS runs have had high pressure building over us in the last week of the month.

But still a lot of uncertainty in the model output.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wind is starting to get up again :eek:

I've only just put the roof back on the greenhouse :tantrum:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Attachments

• CAM00290 R.jpg
    CAM00290 R.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,001
  • CAM00307 R.jpg
    CAM00307 R.jpg