Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Light snow flurries in Crap Town at present , rain this morning turned to sleet at midday and now proper white stuff but not much of it. Too wet for it to lay.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Light snow flurries in Crap Town at present , rain this morning turned to sleet at midday and now proper white stuff but not much of it. Too wet for it to lay.

As expected really, wet, occasionally chilly and a bit blowy. Everything except real snow.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Plenty of snow falling in the Midlands and not just on high ground, there's even a snow warning for parts of the South East for tonight! (Okay just for Oxfordshire :lolol:) If anyone is awake during the night, you might just see something wintry down here.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Some parts in the NW, Wales, and many upland areas to the North will see snow over the next few days; but not here.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
And now there is another one brewing in the deep south, poised to run up the Atlantic coast Wed. night and into Thursday. Depending on track, snow/rain line etc parts of the mid-Atlantic, and the north east corridor, including DC and NYC could get a big dump. Lyndhurst, we'd best hop over to Crafty Tubthumpers craft beer thread and get some ideas for stocking up on essential supplies.
Winter storm Nika (sounds like it should be sponsored by Nike) now heading up through the Mid West and should hit us in New York tonight. I think it’s forgotten how to snow in the UK.

Winter Storm Nika forecast

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
And now there is another one brewing in the deep south, poised to run up the Atlantic coast Wed. night and into Thursday. Depending on track, snow/rain line etc parts of the mid-Atlantic, and the north east corridor, including DC and NYC could get a big dump. Lyndhurst, we'd best hop over to Crafty Tubthumpers craft beer thread and get some ideas for stocking up on essential supplies.

I think you could be right Mr. Chavez. Panic buying is already starting in NYC – but it seems to be bottled water, bread and cat food, certainly not my idea of essential supplies ! I shall be doing some research on the craft beer thread, but will certainly be getting some Heady Topper, Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA and some Mermaid Pilsner from Coney Island Brewery. Then hope my office declares a Snow Day.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think you could be right Mr. Chavez. Panic buying is already starting in NYC – but it seems to be bottled water, bread and cat food, certainly not my idea of essential supplies ! I shall be doing some research on the craft beer thread, but will certainly be getting some Heady Topper, Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA and some Mermaid Pilsner from Coney Island Brewery. Then hope my office declares a Snow Day.

Forecast to reach 90F here by the weekend. 90F FFS!!! And it's still winter!! :ohmy::nono:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So did anyone see anything wintry last night in Sussex? Not sure the showers made it as far as here! Noteworthy weather today for down here but more for west country, Ireland, Wales and Midlands upwards for VERY strong winds. Expected gusts later today in the prone areas could exceed 100MPH! With 60 - 80MPH gusts inland. Down here we could see 80MPG gusts on the coast with 50 - 60MPH gusts further inland. We've then got another storm to deal with on Friday/Saturday which potentially could affect us more, something to keep an eye on..

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So did anyone see anything wintry last night in Sussex? Not sure the showers made it as far as here! Noteworthy weather today for down here but more for west country, Ireland, Wales and Midlands upwards for VERY strong winds. Expected gusts later today in the prone areas could exceed 100MPH! With 60 - 80MPH gusts inland. Down here we could see 80MPG gusts on the coast with 50 - 60MPH gusts further inland. We've then got another storm to deal with on Friday/Saturday which potentially could affect us more, something to keep an eye on..

In Worthing we got heavy thundery showers, but nothing wintry. I'd guess the main reason we only saw rainw as the wind direction down here was just off the sea, a WSW, so lots of warm air off the Channel.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

For once I think they may have this almost right, the high winds seem to be a little further south than predicted and we seem to have a localised hoolie SE of Ireland at the St. Georges Channel bouy recording a gust of 74mph earlier !

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
St. Georges Channel buoy now reporting a gust of 78mph ! predicting 78-99mph now. I wonder if XCW's charts go to 3 figures ?

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
So did anyone see anything wintry last night in Sussex? QUOTE]

I came over the Falmer Rd at about 6am today - it was a bit sleety.

By the time I'd got down to the Amex, it was proper rain again.

I'd have liked some wintery stuff but the weather has been so grim for so long now I'm ready for spring

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here