Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Also looks like there is a band of precipitation head East over us as we speak. Could give us 1-2cm which will set us up nicely for tomorrow. Not too far from Horsham/Worthing at the moment.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not sure where that last post went (Thanks NSC).

But what I was saying is that there is a band of precipitation heading East towards us as we speak. Could give us 1-2cm in places. Would be a good start for what is to come tomorrow. Looks like it is near Horsham/Worthing at the moment.

Edit: NOW it appears! Sort it out [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
What are the chances for Hove?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I dont understand why some people will try and get to work and then get stuck on the wrong side of the snow and attempt to get home later?

Yeah, what kind of LOSER would have someone ABOVE them (let's call them a BOSS) who chooses when they come to work.

What a JOKE.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What are the chances for Hove?

Fairly decent early on, the only issue would it be turning to rain later on.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

My iPhone app from the met office which has been showing heavy snow for two days now across Friday for Birmingham is now saying light snow! I this is right there's hope for the game yet?

Is this anything to do with the prediction above of things moving east earlier?

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010

Here: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358440017.289569.jpg

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
My iPhone app from the met office which has been showing heavy snow for two days now across Friday for Birmingham is now saying light snow! I this is right there's hope for the game yet?

Is this anything to do with the prediction above of things moving east earlier?

As it stands Birmingham is still going to be hit hard. I tend to ignore those generic weather apps! They are good for general forecasts, but are very vague when it comes to preciptation I find!

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010

As it stands Birmingham is still going to be hit hard. I tend to ignore those generic weather apps! They are good for general forecasts, but are very vague when it comes to preciptation I find!

Shame cos this is for burgess hill lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358440269.021246.jpg

So we're back to where we were, shall I stay or should I go? :S thinking I might just leave really early tomorrow and try to beat the worst of it on the way

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Shame cos this is for burgess hill lol View attachment 38649

So we're back to where we were, shall I stay or should I go? :S thinking I might just leave really early tomorrow and try to beat the worst of it on the way

Don't get met wrong, those apps are very useful! I just wouldn't take it for gospel when it says Heavy snow/light snow etc. Burgess Hill/Haywards Heath should see the snow rolling around 8-9am and will be non stop until Saturday morning.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

The app in question has gone back to saying light snow for Eastbourne, about the 6 time it's switched between the 2 !!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The app in question has gone back to saying light snow for Eastbourne, about the 6 time it's switched between the 2 !!

Another reason never to get too hooked on precipitation on those weather apps! They change about as often as I refresh NSC....so about 297 times a day.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Another reason never to get too hooked on precipitation on those weather apps! They change about as often as I refresh NSC....so about 297 times a day.

It's hard to tell whether it really doesn't know or whether it really is this unpredictable - least they all agree some sort if snow will fall.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It's hard to tell whether it really doesn't know or whether it really is this unpredictable - least they all agree some sort if snow will fall.

The only thing we need to know is that it will snow, and it will do for a good 18 hours. It will be light snow more or less, with the odd moderate shower mixed in at times.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm in Henfield right now and there is a light cloud cover which has formed over the last hour or so, nothing falling from the sky yet!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like the radar is duff, Papa. Plenty of people to the West of us under this precipitation, and no one is reporting a single snowflake.

Oh ok. I know that there are numerous reports of snow in Hants and Surrey, from similar radar returns. Perhaps it's a false return. They can occur when the ground temp is low, as the radar uses temp as a guide to cloud height, and therefore precipitation rates.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Snowing in Leeds, been bitterly cold all week, snowing lightly and falling onto ground that is frozen solid, maybe a centimeter so far but forecast has it to snow for the next 24 hours at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here