Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Have just received my Weather warning from work. Not that this means anything as they sent us out a red warning last weekend

MET Office weather update: London and the South East

Tonight
Cloudy with possible isolated light snow showers through the night. A bitterly cold southeasterly wind is expected to increase through the night.

Friday
Travel disruption is expected with snow becoming widespread through the morning and continuing through the afternoon and evening. Feeling bitterly cold with a brisk southeasterly wind. Maximum Temperature -1°C.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:
Very cold with an ice risk throughout. Windy with further sleet or snow likely Saturday. Winds ease Sunday, mainly dry but rather cloudy. Outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow Monday.

Please allow extra time to get into work and for those of you that have laptops, please ensure you take them home today, just in case, so we can continue to meet operational needs.
If for any reason you are delayed getting to work, please contact your line manager at the earliest opportunity.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
just checked met office for littlehampton Friday its heavy snow showers :bowdown:

Really? Oh bugger. Still, the missus can get to work in town by walking tomorrow if need be...as long as it doesn't turn up really early so i'm back home safe from Crawley this evening.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
I have just had an amber warning from the met office, I really hope it don't get to bad to early I kind of need to finish my job !!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I bet Littlehampton gets its real bad.....dont understand why Arundel and Littlehampton always seem to get more snow than Goring.On Monday had quite a bit in Littlehampton,drove to work in Goring and there was no snow at all.

That was down to a narrow band of precipitation that hit the Chi to LA area. It might be related to the downs I suppose.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Southern are operating an amended timetable on Friday due to the forecasted snow.

A spokesman said: "The latest weather forecast for tomorrow suggests significant snowfall across many parts of the Southern network.

"In preparation for this, Southern will be operating an amended timetable for Friday 18 January.

"Trains will not split or join at Haywards Heath or Horsham stations, and will mean passengers who travel on the East and West Coastways into and out of London may be affected."

Southern is advising passengers check their train times before travelling.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Can anyone settle a bet...?
I was under the impression that 'coast' incorporates 1 mile inland... however someone else in the office reckons it's only 200 metres...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

So it sounds like everyone will have just enough time to get to work before getting stuck there....

Very true, tried it on earlier that best not come in due to snow . . . .negative response.

Any chance snow may hit earlier and what we looking at depth wise ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Very true, tried it on earlier that best not come in due to snow . . . .negative response.

Any chance snow may hit earlier and what we looking at depth wise ?

Will start rolling into West Sussex around 9am, and will be across most of the county by lunchtime. Depth? Could well see an inch or two by rush hour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here