Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It looks like it will be patchy and mainly light snow for a few hours tomorrow. The temperarures could just edged to 1 - 2 C in Brighton, so could fall as sleet/rain. If it is snow it will be around 1 inch.

It looks like it will be patchy and mainly light snow for a few hours tomorrow. The temperarures could just edged to 1 - 2 C in Brighton, so could fall as sleet/rain. If it is snow it will be around 1 inch.

Sauce?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm pretty sure that Worthing will emerge fairly un-carpeted, As a child my hopes were constantly dashed due to our little mico-climate nestling here between the sea and the Downs.If it falls, most will go north of The Downs, if it settles, more will settle north of the Downs, as we speak, its pretty cold but, north of the Downs it will be colder.

Indeed, I agree. The exception was December 2010 when this thread was started, but I think then the weather was strangely coming from the channel and therefore when it surfaced in Worthing we got masses. Happy days.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Sheffield always seemed to get a decent dump of snow when I studied there. I sometimes used to drive home over Snake Pass, which always seemed to get blocked even when it was only light in town.

Changing subject somewhat is the Leadmill still going strong? I remember when it was 60p a bottle night!

Snake Pass is shut almost every time it drops near 0 degrees it seems, weather over that side seems a lot lot worse than we get in the city.

Oh, and yep, Leadmill's still going strong. Credit crunch has hit it hard, and they're now charging a RIDICULOUS 80p bottle night, as well as 80p single vodka mixers twice a week. Ridiculously cheap, and that's one of a few places that do drinks at that price still, they aren't alone.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Not sure. Gatwick have a good record for staying open during poor weather, i believe.

But will I be able to get to Gatwick!?

Not sure. Gatwick have a good record for staying open during poor weather, i believe.

And they have just purchased a load of these.

supra-5001-bis.jpg

Which one of my mates has just trained on, In Canada.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But will I be able to get to Gatwick!?

Depends on how determined you are... I can't answer these sort of questions. There's still a lot that can change.

Plus, as If to back [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] s post, the NAE develops a low on the trough, which drags milder air along the coast, which would give rain along the coastal strip midnight Friday into Saturday

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=48&ARCHIV=0&ZOOM=0&PERIOD=&WMO= Re

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Depends on how determined you are... I can't answer these sort of questions. There's still a lot that can change.

Plus, as If to back [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] s post, the NAE develops a low on the trough, which drags milder air along the coast, which would give rain along the coastal strip midnight Friday into Saturday

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=48&ARCHIV=0&ZOOM=0&PERIOD=&WMO= Re

How far in land do you think that mild / rain will go?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Latest models see the snow coming in 9am tomorrow and lasting quite a while before dying out. Looking so much better for us than it did last night!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
As it stands, snow rolls in between 9am-midday tomorrow, light at first but will pep up as the day goes on. It will hang with us until Saturday lunchtime, but as Papa said Coastal areas will end up seeing some rain as the day goes on. How far inland? Who knows!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Also looking like there could be another snow event for the SE on Sunday, but lets worry about this one first!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I just watched the weather on BBC and it was quite conservative, snow yes, but not bundles.
Metcheck on the other hand has bundles and bundles and bundles - all day Saturday and Sunday, even into Monday

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I just watched the weather on BBC and it was quite conservative, snow yes, but not bundles.
Metcheck on the other hand has bundles and bundles and bundles - all day Saturday and Sunday, even into Monday

i have ;earnt from Papa that the Beeb are shite.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As it stands, snow rolls in between 9am-midday tomorrow, light at first but will pep up as the day goes on. It will hang with us until Saturday lunchtime, but as Papa said Coastal areas will end up seeing some rain as the day goes on. How far inland? Who knows!

I've since had some guidance on that chart - apparently the NAE output on that site always shows light precipiation, be it rain or snow in light blue. So, we might be ok...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here