Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be fair, he's probably biding his time until it either goes tits up, or when it melts, and will come back to say "I told you so".

Or he's panic buying salt, shovels and tobaggans.

Something will go tits up down here, it always does. Either an unexpected change and milder air for a 10 mile strip to the coast or something else will happen. As it is it is just not cold enough, 6C Monday 4C yesterday and 4C today. Its is a beauty winters day and quite warm in the sun. I don't want to be snowed in, in Southwick anyway, I need to be able to get out and about to ply my trade.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Met office app has changed it's local forecast to light snow for fri/sat now. It was showing spells of heavy snow just an hour or so ago!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Met office app has changed it's local forecast to light snow for fri/sat now. It was showing spells of heavy snow just an hour or so ago!

Same here, though still snow for Birmingham.

I suspect we won't know for certain until tomorrow evening - keeps changing.

larus

The models are still changing on every run. The exact track of the system is still uncertain as is the type of precipitation along the coast. It will no doubt change in detail over the next 24-48 hours.

What does seem to be getting cross-model support is the block from the cold appears to be entrenched for the foreseeable future. Some guys on the NetWeather chart discussion forum are very excited about the potential for a sustained severe cold spell lasting well into next month.

Yoda

English & European
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

The models are still changing on every run. The exact track of the system is still uncertain as is the type of precipitation along the coast. It will no doubt change in detail over the next 24-48 hours.

What does seem to be getting cross-model support is the block from the cold appears to be entrenched for the foreseeable future. Some guys on the NetWeather chart discussion forum are very excited about the potential for a sustained severe cold spell lasting well into next month.

I hope not. Meant to be going for a mates stag weekend in benidorm at the beginning of February.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
12z model being rolled out now, let's see if it's changed much (I bet it has)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Snowfall for Friday Lunchtime....
13011812_1612.gif

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
As you were people, snow still starting 12pm Friday, and only fading away by 9am Saturday. 24 hours of snow is still very much on the cards.

Edit: Light snow still lingering by 9pm Saturday. 36 hours of snow would be amazing.

The precipitation is SLIGHTLY lighter in this run, but overall another solid run for us snow lovers.

Last edited:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As you were people, snow still starting 12pm Friday, and only fading away by 9am Saturday. 24 hours of snow is still very much on the cards.

Edit: Light snow still lingering by 9pm Saturday. 36 hours of snow would be amazing.

The precipitation is SLIGHTLY lighter in this run, but overall another solid run for us snow lovers.

Still trying not to get my hopes up!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

so we are now feeling mega confident that we are going to get a load of the white stuff come friday pm? Or is there still time for it all to go pete tong

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Getting excited now. If it still looks this positive tomorrow definitely going to start panic buying, fuel, milk, booze, sledges, kindling, tinned fruit the f***ing lot

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
so we are now feeling mega confident that we are going to get a load of the white stuff come friday pm? Or is there still time for it all to go pete tong

Given that the event is now less than 48 hours away, it would have to take something miraculous for this not to come off.

If the next model, which runs out at 9:30pm tonight, shows the same, then it's time to dust off the sledge.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Given that the event is now less than 48 hours away, it would have to take something miraculous for this not to come off.

If the next model, which runs out at 9:30pm tonight, shows the same, then it's time to dust off the sledge.

well come 9.30, I am hopefully going to be celebrating an Arsenal victory and the thought of snow this weekend, what will probably happen is that Swansea will win and the model will go all West and we end up with rain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here