Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's been fascinating to watch this unfold over the last week or so. This is potentially a series of events now though if certain scenarios play out. Could be quite serious?

Yes. With the weekend pretty well nailed on for some parts at least, things could be very bad by later on Saturday

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Sunday has now changed again! Current text forecasts are for milder air to encroach on Sunday, but now after the latest UKMO run that will change as there is no way based on that forecast that any mild air gets in. I wonder if the text updates to reflect that later tonight...

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
To be fair, the situation is very unusual for the Uk and a forecastrers nightmare. My own view is that it will turn sleety as far north as london as the precipitation dies out and then freeze solid! however i do not believe thta the mild air will win , and cold , possibly severe cold will return during next week.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Latest models are rolling out now.

Should be an interesting 30 minutes....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

More interested in a fortnights time when I am planning to go to the Peak District...not sure whether to book it or not

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Slight Westward shift for the snow on Friday. Downgrade on the previous run. All still to play for though.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The snow doesn't reach us until rush hour on Friday evening, at which point it stalls.

Not looking fantastic for places East of Brighton/Haywards Heath on this run.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So the snow reaches us 6 hours later than planned, and seems to fade away earlier than expected. We'll do well to see more than a couple of inches. Kent looks like missing out completely.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It's getting to the point where even another 30 mile shift westwards will spell no snow at all in this first band.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So the snow reaches us 6 hours later than planned, and seems to fade away earlier than expected. We'll do well to see more than a couple of inches. Kent looks like missing out completely.

What about the West Country? I'm due to be driving Bristol -> Brighton, leaving at 2pm.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Ahhh, this doesn't sound good

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
What about the West Country? I'm due to be driving Bristol -> Brighton, leaving at 2pm.

Get your snow shovel out!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Still looking like a big snow event for you lot. Getting heavy in Bristol around morning rush hour.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Oh well. Still time for it to change.

As it stands, the further West you are the better.

I won't bother looking at the models until the 06z rolls out at 9:30am. Hopefully we'll see a shift East.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here