Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How's it looking for driving up to Leeds and back? I'm going up Friday evening and coming back Saturday evening.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How's it looking for driving up to Leeds and back? I'm going up Friday evening and coming back Saturday evening.

Well, Friday night is looking perishingly cold, after a wintry day.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I've just driven back from Woodingdean, over the Falmer rd, past the stadium and the place is covered in inches ( even feet in some places ) of snow :eek:
It surprised me, as I only live 3 or 4 miles from Falmer and we've hardly seen a flake of the stuff !
supposedly, it's 100% chance of snow tonight in the area.....we'll see

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If the West Country, and Yatton in particular, doesn't see the 5-10cms of promised 'heavy snow' sometime very soon, I shall be heading over to chez [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] where I shall punch him on the nose.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If the West Country, and Yatton in particular, doesn't see the 5-10cms of promised 'heavy snow' sometime very soon, I shall be heading over to chez [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] where I shall punch him on the nose.

and if it doesn't appear, please bear in mind that I'm in the office today, and won't be home until about 6:30pm.. to save you a wasted journey.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bristol is on the southern edge of the warning zone, and I know thaty they pro forecasters are findinf this hard to forwecast.

Met Office: South West England: severe weather warnings

One thing to bear in mind is that a lot of places out West have been getting freezing rain rather than snow, as there is a thin (but important) layer of air aloft which is above freezing, so you end up with supercooled rain falling onto frozen surfaces - which then freezes on contact.

And although the Met have slightly altered the Warning for our area, it still doesn't come far enough East or South to cover Sussex.

Met Office: London South East England: severe weather warnings

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
OK pappa, here's one for you. I'm staying in Youlgreave, Derbyshire tomorrow evening on the way up to Leeds. Which route should I take? M40/A46, M11/A1 or M25/M1... and will I find myself snowed in on Saturday morning?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
OK pappa, here's one for you. I'm staying in Youlgreave, Derbyshire tomorrow evening on the way up to Leeds. Which route should I take? M40/A46, M11/A1 or M25/M1... and will I find myself snowed in on Saturday morning?

I'm not an expert on the UK road network....

I suggest you review the conditions in the morning - the actual AA etc will be able to provide accurate info on the state of the roads.

The key will be how the snow / freezing rain ends up overnight.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
PAp - I'm thick and I dont understand the pictures and models. I live in Hartfield a little village between Tunbridge Wells and East Grinstead. I want to see more snow - preferably tonight to prevent work tomorrow or Sunday night to kill of Monday. Short of seeing pitcures with big snow flakes on the weather or seeing the stuff come down outside the window I have no idea.

How likely am I to see snow there and how much will it be? Please- keep it simple as I am thick as f***.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
PAp - I'm thick and I dont understand the pictures and models. I live in Hartfield a little village between Tunbridge Wells and East Grinstead. I want to see more snow - preferably tonight to prevent work tomorrow or Sunday night to kill of Monday. Short of seeing pitcures with big snow flakes on the weather or seeing the stuff come down outside the window I have no idea.

How likely am I to see snow there and how much will it be? Please- keep it simple as I am thick as f***.

Simply - the current forecast doesn't have much snow where you live. If it pushes further East, you get more. The pro forecasters are unsure of how far east the front will get.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That is not what I wanted to hear. You have really let me down on this one Papa. And to think. I trusted you.

Lol - I don't (I try not to) do wishcasting... it's a forecast, based upon the facts.

Having said that - there's definitely a crop of snow showers developing in the North Sea associated with the front.... these may come down as far as Kent. You never know.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Lol - I don't (I try not to) do wishcasting... it's a forecast, based upon the facts.

Having said that - there's definitely a crop of snow showers developing in the North Sea associated with the front.... these may come down as far as Kent. You never know.

Correct. I never know. You do. So. What time is the snow arriving in Hartfield and how deep will it be? I get you......stuffs wad of notes in Papa's top pocket. Now, about that snow?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Correct. I never know. You do. So. What time is the snow arriving in Hartfield and how deep will it be? I get you......stuffs wad of notes in Papa's top pocket. Now, about that snow?

Ah, got ya mate. 2-3ft of snow, arriving just after tea time :wink: ok?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here