Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ah well, looks like you have been proven right again, is there any prospect for snow in the text week or 2?

I've not had a chance to review the model output this morning (at work on a conference call, posting from my phone), but from what i saw last night there was plenty of potential, but still nothing coherent.

The potential all currently revolves around the Scandinavian/Siberian high and the very cold air currently over europe.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very large snow over Burgess Hill a few minutes ago but it's far too wet on the ground to settle.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oh ffs, snow now in BN2 but it ain't gonna lay cause the ground is wet. :tantrum:

Pretty much as per the forecast then. When i get a chance i'll have a look out of the window here in 'sunny' Croydon.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I've not had a chance to review the model output this morning (at work on a conference call, posting from my phone), but from what i saw last night there was plenty of potential, but still nothing coherent.

The potential all currently revolves around the Scandinavian/Siberian high and the very cold air currently over europe.

Very interesting, thanks for constantly answering all of the questions. :thumbsup:

Let us know when you've had a proper look at your data.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just drove down from Gatwick where it was snowing heavily, and some lying. Fades out to rain as you come South though. Big shame.

Last edited:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Loads (well prob 1cm) laying on the fields, trees and rooftops in Crawley/Horsham area but thankfully not on the roads (yet!)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just been to Storrington. Fields are white, but none settling on roads.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Started off as Sleet in the Heath, then snowed heavily for a couple of hours before turning back to sleet.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
as viewed from the train... A covering at Horley and Gatwick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here