Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's looking more like sleet on Friday than snow, although there may be snow as the feature moves off into the channel. After that is still very hard to call, with the very cold stuff shown yesterday now not so certain across the models.

Papa

Booo!!:mad:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's looking more like sleet on Friday than snow, although there may be snow as the feature moves off into the channel. After that is still very hard to call, with the very cold stuff shown yesterday now not so certain across the models.

Papa

What about the predicted cold spell at the beginning to middle of Febuary you metnioned?, looking at some forecasts it seems to support this.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
According to most forecasts its rain tomorrow now, any updates papa?

Yep. Only rain here tomorrw, upper air temps too high. Farther out, it's still looking like it will be chilly this weekend, and there is still signal for a much colder spell as early as late next week.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is BRASSIC out there today.

A colleague just informed me that it was 'trying to snow' here in Croydon...

I'd advise everyone to wrap up warm tomorrow at Withers... it's going to be brassic then as well.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It snowed in Storrington for about 15 minutes earlier and thankfully it has stopped - I dont want to see any more bloody snow until I go to Canada later this year!:angry:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I don't think it will snow next week personally.

Although it's still early days, Monday 8th February COULD be a day to watch out for. Latest models look INSANE.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't think it will snow next week personally.

Although it's still early days, Monday 8th February COULD be a day to watch out for. Latest models look INSANE.

Hmm, looking at Papa's models they suggest it to be relatively warm on Mon 8'th of February, however there is a cold system developing marginally to the east at around 3 days later.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
h850t850eu.png

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Although I don't know all the technical terms, the chart I am showing is the temperature higher up in the atmosphere. The chart you have is lower down.

GFS Weather Charts - updated four times daily - Netweather.tv

Select chart types, and you can flick between 500hpa (Your chart) and 850hpa (My chart).

I don't know a lot about this weather stuff, but some people are getting very excited....but its still a long way away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here