Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well that can f*** RIGHT OFF. I'm flying out of Gatwick on friday morning, if snow ruins my holiday I'm going to sue GOD, JESUS, MOHAMMED etc Basically I'll sue everyone who ever lived.

And some that arguably didn't!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So what the week ahead looking like Papa ?

Hmm... I'd say it's looking less snowy than it did earlier in the week, with High pressure closer to us than original forecast.

Wed night to Friday night is when there's the highest risk of snow, mainly in the form of showers. Therefore, as it'll be accompanied by a moderate NE wind I'd say that Kent, and East Sussex will see the 'best' chance of snow.

One complication is that as we're now in mid(ish) Feb the strength of the sun will have 2 effects.

1. It will allow any any laying to melt more rapidly.
2. Given cold enough air, it may allow enhanced convective activity over the land, which is very much unlike what we saw in January / Dec.

I'd go for 5-10cm in Kent and Eastern/Northern East Sussex over the period, and less further West.

papa

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hmm... I'd say it's looking less snowy than it did earlier in the week, with High pressure closer to us than original forecast.

Wed night to Friday night is when there's the highest risk of snow, mainly in the form of showers. Therefore, as it'll be accompanied by a moderate NE wind I'd say that Kent, and East Sussex will see the 'best' chance of snow.

One complication is that as we're now in mid(ish) Feb the strength of the sun will have 2 effects.

1. It will allow any any laying to melt more rapidly.
2. Given cold enough air, it may allow enhanced convective activity over the land, which is very much unlike what we saw in January / Dec.

I'd go for 5-10cm in Kent and Eastern/Northern East Sussex over the period, and less further West.

papa

Thanks for the local forecast but what about those of us venturing oop north on Weds & Thurs - specifically lovely Lincolnshire?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Blizzard now in central Brighton and it is settling!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Light shower here BN2 has left a decent covering, not sure how much more were going to get guys.....:down:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Stopped now and the sun is out, its definately moving west.

That had better be it as I have to get to Stansted on Friday :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here