Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Cheers Bozza, that is a very good site, hadn't seen it before.

It looks like the heaviest part is already over Gloucester, but we should have maybe an hour or so of light snow.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Early warning for West Sussex on Metoffice, another significant snowfall could be on the cards for Tues/Weds.

10-20cm quite possible, with 30cm on higher ground.

Something to keep our eyes on!

Any more on this ?, I've got clients coming down from Edinburgh tomorrow and I'll be buggered if I want to entertain them for the evening if they get stuck. :censored:

BBC/Net Weather still showing Weds as being OK.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Snowing since midnight here in W Yorks. Chaos again. Radion saying on the road I go past Leeds Bradford airport the traffic hasn't shifted for an hour. B*ggered if I'm sitting in traffic for that long. Will work from home and go in later.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Heavy rain predicted for Wednesday now on the BBC, it said sunny intervals earlier...:lolol:

All the money spent on those Cray supercomputers by the European meteorological group and the UK met office was a sound investment then.

All you need is papa lazarou and a pine cone it seems.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
No sign of it here in Doha: but I did just get thrown off the beach :lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Any update Papa?

Just looked at the BBC forecast again and although light snow is predicted for tomorrow night here in Brighton, in shoreham & hove(6.4 miles away) its predicted to be heavy all night? How can this be?

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Really can't see Worthing getting the heavy snow currently predicted by the BBC for Tuesday. You get a feel for these things in your local area and the temperature is really rising and starting to go, can't see any more coming down in this spell or possibly for the rest of the winter.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Met office have downgraded the risk of Snow anywhere other than Devon , Cornwall and South Wales for tomorrow.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
BBC still say heavy snow for late Tuesday afternoon. How very odd.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I reckon the Downs might still get some snow (higher ground innit) but along the coast I predict rain.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
By the sounds of it, the bulk of the precipitation could well peter out by the time it reaches us, but accumulations of a couple of inches will not be too far feteched across most of Sussex.

Get ready for more panic buying in the shops tomorrow:wozza:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I still dont get the major variations between forecasts. I tend to use metcheck as in the past it has been more reliable than BBC.

There seems no correllation between the two for instance in Horsham on Weds Metcheck - cloudy with a max of 0 deg,
BBC - heavy rain with a mx of 4 deg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
By the sounds of it, the bulk of the precipitation could well peter out by the time it reaches us, but accumulations of a couple of inches will not be too far feteched across most of Sussex.

Get ready for more panic buying in the shops tomorrow:wozza:

You say that but the BBC then says HOVE, Worthing & Shoreham are going to have heavy snow all night, how the f*** does that work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here