Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Same here in Worthing, from the same large shower that hit The Heath... Bonus snow

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
FFS snow! Getting bored of you now!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ooh that is a bonus. Just enough to keep the rapidly receding snowman a little happier!!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

It's still no more true. Road conditions and safety of spectators is still a big factor. It won't be a problem this week, but just because a pitch is playable it doesn't mean the game will be.

I'm sorry but you're completely and totally wrong. I run a football club and I know for a FACT that if the GAME can be played then regardless of whether supporters can reach the game or not then it will be.

If a set of supporters cannot reach a game for whatever reason then that's of no consequence to the Football League or the FA.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'm sorry but you're completely and totally wrong. I run a football club and I know for a FACT that if the GAME can be played then regardless of whether supporters can reach the game or not then it will be.

If a set of supporters cannot reach a game for whatever reason then that's of no consequence to the Football League or the FA.

Plenty of games in the past have been postponed because of safety concerns for supporters on approaches to the stadium.

Infact from this past weekend Football matches postponed due to snow | Mail Online I'll quote the relevant bit
while safety considerations for fans trying to get to the game forced the postponement of the matches between Oxford and Rotherham and Yeovil and Preston.

The Oxford United website confirms this Game Off

With the weather conditions deteriorating throughout Friday the home game against Rotherham United at the Kassam Stadium has now been postponed on safety grounds.

The original plan was for a 10am pitch inspection on Saturday morning but the approach roads, stands and surrounding areas have become treacherous in the last few hours. Spectator safety is a priority and after consultation with the local authority the game has been called off.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

You do not run a professional football club. The difference between park / county level is very different.

We lost games at Withdean all the time due to local conditions and not the state of the pitch.

The above poster puts it a little better than me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

You do not run a professional football club. The difference between park / county level is very different.

We lost games at Withdean all the time due to local conditions and not the state of the pitch.

The above poster puts it a little better than me.

Wasn't this mainly due to the temp stands icing though

But the biggest factor there is a financial consequence.

What club do you own?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Papa..this lot of snow coming over on friday night...is it followed immediately by rain...i know they talk of rapid thaw..but is that happening saturday or sunday..get ya crystal ball out...theres a game on saturday afternoon

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup, and only a month of Winter left to go. Will go down as a pretty disappointing Winter all in all, despite this half decent snow event.

Will be a while before we match the 13 inches of snow we had a couple of years ago.

Here's to a baking hot Summer.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here