Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Looks like this thread can be put to bed for another year or so :( fingers crossed im wrong...

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Hi peeps. Can anyone in the burgess hill or haywards Heath area confirm what conditions are like up there? I have to drive up there from shoreham tomorrow AM. Thanks

Drove up to HH this morning from Hove/Portslade (bypass)/A23/A272. All absolutely fine

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Well how wrong was i... less than an hour ago :lol:

Flumping down in Leatherhead.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
According to national weather tonight, Friday may see significant snow in the north, heavy in the midlands and reasonable amount in the south, with Saturday bringing lashings of rain.

If the snow stays on Friday to Saturday, will the game be called off ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
According to national weather tonight, Friday may see significant snow in the north, heavy in the midlands and reasonable amount in the south, with Saturday bringing lashings of rain.

Would have to take a lot to call it off, club has cleared yesterdays snow already. If Birmingham can get that match on Saturday on, then we can get our game on.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

The key is the last bit, it will turn to rain and get milder down here.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Thaw central here in HH. My walk to work is nine tenths clear, with just the footpaths by my house still covered in some mush.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

No- as I said earlier, if the game can be played then its likely it will go ahead. We have undersoil heating so providing arsenal can reach the ground, there is no reason why the game should be called off.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm starting to lose my love for the white stuff now, after my mahoosive diversion to get myself and 2 bottles of a cheeky little white to Mrs V last night, the magic is starting to wear thin. Carnage around North Brighton and the A27 in particular.

Is there a self help group I can contact ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks like this thread can be put to bed for another year or so :( fingers crossed im wrong...

After beautiful snow; thaws, positive temperatures and polluted grey slush are all sad and dull.

I blot out that boring phase and dream of the next white stuff.

Good news for the snow haters thought. They'll now get their wish of typical Sussex winter weather:
+8c
High humidity = a damp cold that goes through to the bones
Dark cloud and low light
Strong gusty south westerlies

Nice.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No- as I said earlier, if the game can be played then its likely it will go ahead. We have undersoil heating so providing arsenal can reach the ground, there is no reason why the game should be called off.

It's still no more true. Road conditions and safety of spectators is still a big factor. It won't be a problem this week, but just because a pitch is playable it doesn't mean the game will be.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's still no more true. Road conditions and safety of spectators is still a big factor. It won't be a problem this week, but just because a pitch is playable it doesn't mean the game will be.

It won't be a problem if all the snow has melted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here