Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
RH1 (Redhill) getting deeper and still thick snow coming down. Main roads still passable but pavements getting very dodgy.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Can't believe the kids have been sent home from school. This country is a joke sometimes. I expect the teachers fancied a long weekend. All roads are clear in Eastbourne.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Just spent 2 solid hours help clear the street.

And It was great seeing everyone help out.
And I even found out we had a muslim living in our street, thankfully however he wasn't implementing Sharia law on us.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Stopped briefly in newhaven but snowing again

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just taken 2 hours to bring my daughter back to Bevendean from Priory School------absolute chaos on the A27 by the Amex. Saw my second gritter of the day going the other way ffs!!!

Flex Your Head

The key to travelling in snow is preparation, and a willingness to eat human flesh.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: “The important thing to remember, if you are forced to pull in, is that the warmest place in the car is under the bonnet. Use spanners to remove your car’s engine then climb inside, getting into the foetal position.”

Snow travel checklist:

Raw meat

Not only is raw meat an essential source of protein, if you rub it on your face and hands it leaves a layer of grease that will protect your skin from wind-chafing. Keep a bin bag full of uncooked meat in your boot.

Sword

Snowy conditions bring out highwaymen, brigands and carnivores attracted by your bag of meat. If any large organism approaches your stationary vehicle wave your blade and shout, ‘I’ve got a sword and I’ll cut your f***ing head off’.

Crisps (Beef)

Beef crisps are another excellent source of protein. The packet also serves as a distress signal if you fill it with air then stamp on it.

Microscope

A magnification device is useful for checking whether all snowflakes are indeed unique.

A sense of romance

According to data for motoring organisations, 64% of drivers lack a basic sense of romance and adventure.

One of those giant kangaroo things from Empire Strikes Back

Not everyone has access to a tauntaun but if you live in the Star Wars universe they are the ultimate snow vehicle. Unless you are riding a female one that’s in season and there’s a group of male tauntauns around, in which case it’s a nightmare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here