Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Milder with heavy rain and strong winds forecast for Monday and much of next week. Booo! Who celebrates it being 10 or 12 degrees when it's miserably grey, wet and windy? Gimme cold and crisp any day.

Bah humbug, tsk, gah etc...

:wave:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sadly, there's still no clear and consistent forecast for snow... it's cold and frosty for a few days though... which is at least seasonal.

Flex Your Head

Can't believe you'd rather have rainy, windy conditions over these. Wrong'un! :nono:

I took these pics on my way to work this morning. Beautifully brittle and bracing.
Trees 1.jpg
Frosty Sun.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Although there isn't a single event to highlight, the model output at the moment is full of wintery potential.

This mornings GFS ensemble shows this.

Meteociel - Diagrammes GEFS

The snow percentage shows that amongst the 20 members, there is continually some that show snow for Sussex.

What we need is for a single event to gain support across all members, and be at shorter range.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The BBC weather for early next week suggests that the daily high could be 1c with a min of -2c… or a high of 12c with a min of 10c. That’s quite some spread!

I do love how pointless the BBC long range forecast is, it's either going to be cold or warm, no shit!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Latest from Met Office:

V V quick comment re snow tonight - tomorrow AM. New output from UKV, MOGREPS, NAE and EC offering varied solution(s) and huge uncertainty now in areal scope and amounts - i.e., SE / Home Counties / London area / SE could see more in some new progs (2cm or more in places) whereas other solutions in the suite suggest more focus to NW of London (Chilterns, over to Cotswolds etc). MOGREPS more widespread across fair swathe of central-S England. Signal now hinting towards a more easterly bias generally, away from W Country other than E Glos / N Wilts, but this detail not to be trusted. Hence much, much to play for. A nightmare forecast frankly.

Basically forget next week or the rest of winter, there's a chance we could see some of the white stuff in the next 12 to 18 hours! There might be a covering over the Downs potentially but hopefully it'll be the first snow we see this winter, and I don't think it'll be the last...

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

V V quick comment re snow tonight - tomorrow AM. New output from UKV, MOGREPS, NAE and EC offering varied solution(s) and huge uncertainty now in areal scope and amounts - i.e., SE / Home Counties / London area / SE could see more in some new progs (2cm or more in places) whereas other solutions in the suite suggest more focus to NW of London (Chilterns, over to Cotswolds etc). MOGREPS more widespread across fair swathe of central-S England. Signal now hinting towards a more easterly bias generally, away from W Country other than E Glos / N Wilts, but this detail not to be trusted. Hence much, much to play for. A nightmare forecast frankly.

I'm sorry but was all that ancient Mayan text proclaiming the end of the world? Are we all about to be smothered by a snowstorm akin to The Day After Tomorrow?

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

I'm sorry but was all that ancient Mayan text proclaiming the end of the world? Are we all about to be smothered by a snowstorm akin to The Day After Tomorrow?
No, I could quite easily write down on a bit of paper dating back 100 years saying that there will be a world war in 1914 and 1939 and the world is going to end in 2020.

Back on topic, good forecast imo, hope the trains are cancelled :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So has anyone had some of the magic white stuff?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Nope. London has had some apparently.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

I'm ay Purley on the train and its coming down heavily here.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's a real challenge, and enjoyable watching the models currently. There us huge potential showing across all the models, but nothing that stays forecast for long enough to discuss here. However i think that at some point in the run up to Xmas we will get a cold and snowy spell with north east it east winds. It's just a case of waiting for cross model agreement at a realistic range,.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here