Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
200m from withdean. It has stopped snowing here completely. Only settled on cars and not the road or pavements. Hopefully game still on tomorrow.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't know if anyone saw the local and national forecasts just now, but the local one showed snow on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, with temps of 1C, 1C and 0C respectively.

The national focussed on Saturday and said that 20cm of snow in 3 hours might be seen anywhere inland in the South.

So, it looks like heavy snow Saturday, lighter snow Sunday and heavy stuff again on Monday and even colder.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What I want to know is, will it snow in Wales on Thursday?
Bloody hope not.

With the complicated setup we've currently got, Thursday might as well be the New Year. No forecaster is going to be able to give you assurances either way that far out.

What I can say is that Unc Spielberg will (I'm sure quite intentionally) be wrong that Brighton won't see snow from this spell... unless we see a huge backtrack, it's almost certain that we will get snow from this.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What I want to know is, will it snow in Wales on Thursday?
Bloody hope not.

"metcheck forecast for mid and southwales issued at 22.00pm thursday 15th december ,

people are advised to stay at home unless in emergencies , if you do intend on travel in wales take a Tay with you " :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm getting fed up with the forecasters.

A casual peek through my curtains reveals quite a lot of snow and it's still coming down hard.

This wasn't forecast when I went to bed a few hours ago...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
None at all here in Hailsham, dosnt even look like the ice age they were predicting, no frost even.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't know if anyone saw the local and national forecasts just now, but the local one showed snow on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, with temps of 1C, 1C and 0C respectively.

The national focussed on Saturday and said that 20cm of snow in 3 hours might be seen anywhere inland in the South.

So, it looks like heavy snow Saturday, lighter snow Sunday and heavy stuff again on Monday and even colder.

Sounds too good to be true!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sounds too good to be true!

It may well be... you never know. The model output this morning pushes the low even further south, with snow restricted to the far south, so many places migth miss out.

It's a forecasters' nightmare.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Doesn't look too good for tonight of temps aren't going to rise above freezing today :(

It's going to be bone chillingly cold tonight... so, it's either off, or we'll all be cold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here