Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the atmosphere at the west ham game.....

Romford

Oct 31, 2004
Sorry to piss on your chips fella's but you were nothing special noise wise...its just that you can't hear the home fans and vice versa.

Its a strange feeling being a Hammer right now....Its like being a Manure fan without the decent team. Its everyones "Big One" and most visitors are right up for it.

As for our home support, well its not like the old days but where is ?

Congrats on Win again and good luck with a new ground.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Romford said:
Sorry to piss on your chips fella's but you were nothing special noise wise...its just that you can't hear the home fans and vice versa.

Its a strange feeling being a Hammer right now....Its like being a Manure fan without the decent team. Its everyones "Big One" and most visitors are right up for it.

As for our home support, well its not like the old days but where is ?

Congrats on Win again and good luck with a new ground.

contradicts what i heard from a West Ham fan on the Tube at Plaistow "...they we're f***ing loud though, how many? 3000 of them? good effort!"

:)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
CrabtreeBHA said:
contradicts what i heard from a West Ham fan on the Tube at Plaistow "...they we're f***ing loud though, how many? 3000 of them? good effort!"

:)

i have heard a lot of West Ham saying we were loud - even a couple of mates where in the East Stand up the bobby moore end and said it was loud!!

we are f***ing loud - end of!!:lolol:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
All I heard was the Albion Albion chant, none of the funny stuff like blowing bubbles out ur arse.

They did have a few does ur boyfriend chants, but again I doubt that was heard in the Brighton end.

Still tingle when I think bout the goal though, GET IN

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
i was right at the front just to the left of the goal- butters face compelte with cheeky grin would have made a great picture if i hadnt been nearly thrown upside down in the erupting melee then i miught have got one!!!!! we were so loud and commited that there were about three or four factions each singing their own songs at some points- MARVELLOUS SCENES!!!

smith's dreads

Dec 17, 2003
I was sitting in the Dr. Martens stand almost at the other end of the ground as we couldn't get tickets for the Brighton end. All I could ever hear from West Ham was the bubbles song when the PA played it at the beginning of each half - except for one poor bloke who kept jumping up making wanker signs on his own whenever the brighton end sang anything and trying to start songs but no one joined in. From where I was sat BHA support was bloody loud, and you could hear it right around the ground, contrary to what others have said on here. Made me wish I was over there - especially when we scored and I couldn't do anything to celebrate

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
My colleague at work who has Hammer season said we were well loud and brought more than anyone else all season including QPR.

Can't believe I missed it - couldn't get a ticket and didn't have the bottle for the home end.

I was at the 0-0 (35,000) in 1979 when the only segregation was a bit of tape in the south Bank. Got accosted by a skinhead who said "you caaan't f-ing tell whus hu 'cos their not wearing scaaarrves!!"
:ohmy:

PG

Romford

Oct 31, 2004
Peter Grummit said:
My colleague at work who has Hammer season said we were well loud and brought more than anyone else all season including QPR.

Can't believe I missed it - couldn't get a ticket and didn't have the bottle for the home end.

I was at the 0-0 (35,000) in 1979 when the only segregation was a bit of tape in the south Bank. Got accosted by a skinhead who said "you caaan't f-ing tell whus hu 'cos their not wearing scaaarrves!!"
:ohmy:

PG

Sorry to say this again but your colleague at work is being nice to you...Good Turnout yes but only the same as many others and QPR didn't shut up the WHOLE game.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The atmosphere at Ipswich was good last time so it should be another good one.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Romford said:
Sorry to say this again but your colleague at work is being nice to you...Good Turnout yes but only the same as many others and QPR didn't shut up the WHOLE game.

The West Ham fans were better than we thought I think, one of my mates got a ticket in the Bobby Moore stand and they were fairly vocal, some reasonably humourous chants as well; "We can see you holding hands" and "Stand up, cos you can't sit down" being the best (although nothing we haven't heard before).

As has been mentioned a few times now, the sound from our end just didn't carry that far, and vice-versa. Having said that, it sounded loud where we were and it was good to see some of the West Ham fans applauding us as they left the ground at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here