Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes: Second Test, Adelaide - The 100% OFFICIAL thread [Merged]

Anderson doing well, Colly bats out the next over that leaves 34 overs!

Colly dropped by 2 Aussies! :lolol:

All out - Aus need 168 off 34 overs. Gettable, England are going to have bowl well now.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
Anderson doing well, Colly bats out the next over that leaves 34 overs!
36 overs left. They need a RR of 4.6, I can see them doing it. Hayden and Langer will come out firing and will definately get a few early boundries. We will need wickets to slow them down. One things for cirtain, this is going to the wire.
I can't believe I've got to go to work after this :nono:

Billy the Fish said:
36 overs left. They need a RR of 4.6, I can see them doing it. Hayden and Langer will come out firing and will definately get a few early boundries. We will need wickets to slow them down. One things for cirtain, this is going to the wire.
I can't believe I've got to go to work after this :nono:

Don't they knock off 2 overs for change of innings? Good on ya, not working today thank heavens!

Yeah, it's 36 :eek:

Hoggard is not a restrictive bowler. Another mistake by Freddie/Fletcher.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's going to be exciting!!!

I think they might throw the first 3-4 wickets into getting quick runs then once they go if they arent anywhere near the required total they will shut up shop.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disaster for England probably :angry:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
"The irony of this slaughter, the most humiliating defeat by an England team I can remember, is that three players distinguished themselves heroically in this match, KP, Colly and the Hogster. Only they are fit to go drinking in the bar after the match with the Australians."
Charles Holmes in the TMS inbox

Sums it up really

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
From the bbc site:

1812: Jones drops an inside edge off Anderson. I'm not bothered, I don't even like cricket. Hussey then swings Anderson away for four before pushing one into the covers to complete a crushing six-wicket victory. 168-4

Got to laugh

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I apologise to the village cricketers on here, but one team is worse than a village cricket team, how can a team with a lead of 551 and just three days to go lose a test match.

Monty didnt play because he cant bat or field - well f***ing Giles arguable lost us this match when he dropped Ponting, ship him back to Spain.

And as for those 4 over throws after they had already run three - 7 runs in one ball :censored: :angry: :tosser:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That's gotta demorilise the English side.

They are going into games with 2 effective bowlers at present.

Are there any other quicks they can send out to replace Harmison or Anderson?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here