Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Steve Waugh on TMS: every sentence so far has started with "ah look" or "yeah look".

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not so sure Australia would bin Ponting if they lose.

For starters, who would they replace him with? Clarke has always been the candidate but he's playing even worse than Ponting. Plus any captain is going to have to work with the same players Ponting has, and most of them are lacking confidence & form. A new captain is unlikely to change that.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not so sure Australia would bin Ponting if they lose.

For starters, who would they replace him with? Clarke has always been the candidate but he's playing even worse than Ponting. Plus any captain is going to have to work with the same players Ponting has, and most of them are lacking confidence & form. A new captain is unlikely to change that.

Hussey? But it would be a backward step, he's only a bit younger than Ponting.

I bet the selectors wish they'd picked Warne to succeed Tugga. Not only does he have the sharper cricketing brain, but he might still be playing if he were captain.

In fact, the Australian selectors have been totally inept - there's been attempt to bring in young players and get them settled. There have been several series against weaker countries lately yet they've kept the same line-up. We could be seeing the retirement of Ponting, Katich, Clarke (if his back gives out) and possibly Hussey in the next year or so and where the replacements? Hughes, who's been picked and dropped, picked and dropped and who else. Total pig's ear from messrs Hilditch, Chappell etc

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Here we go again then. Come on another couple of quick wickets please - I have to leave in half an hour.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Tell ya what it's bloody weird making dinner at 4:40am :lolol:

Come on boys!

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What time (UK) roughly will play go on to? I get to the office about 8.15 so will I catch the late play on TMS?

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
I'm guessing play will end 9.30 Uk time
if it starts 2.30
first session - 2 hours
afternoon session - 2 hours
evening session - 2 hours
lunch + tea - 1hour

So should end 9.30

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
:yahoo:

This session 5-10 to 7-10. So I guess, 9-30?

I'm guessing play will end 9.30 Uk time
if it starts 2.30
first session - 2 hours
afternoon session - 2 hours
evening session - 2 hours
lunch + tea - 1hour

So should end 9.30

Cheers chaps. Hopefully by the time I get to work, England will be batting !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good Morning, Edna, Good Morning Gentlemen, just arisen..... Marvellous scenes !

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Morning all, what a session, funny when you wake up and you have that fear, are we 3 or 4 down at lunch, are the Aussies 120-0 at lunch, then you come down stairs and normal service has been resumed, 65-4:lol:, great feeling, shame I cant crack a beer to celebrate.
Yesssssssss, Head too big for his body goes, 67-5:smile:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My Veetle link appears to have been sadly closed, It appears Mr Murdoch does not want this event publicised.. any alternate links or is it just TMS ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here