Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Hate to say it but the Aussies look as if they have a well balanced side this time round, four regular pace bowlers and spinner and Watson as the sixth bowler.

I've been concerned the whole series that we will struggle with three seamers and Swann. We are looking at each bowler bowling 20 plus overs each innings as most innings last 100 overs plus in Oz unlike England where with the conditions games are shorter.

The WACCA swings and we need Anderson, Finn and Tremlett to bowl well with the Doctor Wind. Our batting is always going to be ok as we bat down all the way to down the order.

One win or three draws that's all we need over the next fifteens days of cricket. Ashes coming home (I hope).

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Hate to say it but the Aussies look as if they have a well balanced side this time round, four regular pace bowlers and spinner and Watson as the sixth bowler.

I've been concerned the whole series that we will struggle with three seamers and Swann. We are looking at each bowler bowling 20 plus overs each innings as most innings last 100 overs plus in Oz unlike England where with the conditions games are shorter.

The WACCA swings and we need Anderson, Finn and Tremlett to bowl well with the Doctor Wind. Our batting is always going to be ok as we bat down all the way to down the order.

One win or three draws that's all we need over the next fifteens days of cricket. Ashes coming home (I hope).

Pretty much agree with all you have written mate, hope to be proved wrong but i do feel we are a bowler short, though of course if we continue our rich vein of form with the bat then a draw is on the cards. I think i may have gone for Bresnan in for Collingwood. maybe if we were in a must win situation then that may have happened

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Pretty much agree with all you have written mate, hope to be proved wrong but i do feel we are a bowler short, though of course if we continue our rich vein of form with the bat then a draw is on the cards. I think i may have gone for Bresnan in for Collingwood. maybe if we were in a must win situation then that may have happened

Not being respectful of Collingwood i might add, just that Bresnan does bat a bit too and of course he is a far better bowler

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
This time a week ago we were approaching lunch time at the cricket. Not long to go now, but not sure i will make the whole night

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think like a couple of people said earlier, if we end up batting first I might just watch a few overs and knock it on the head. Much prefer watching us bowl.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I think like a couple of people said earlier, if we end up batting first I might just watch a few overs and knock it on the head. Much prefer watching us bowl.

Ditto Pasty. If we bat first i will be a bundle of nerves awaiting first over wicket to fall, then will get pissed off, go to bed and wake up at 200-1 lol

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Not long now guys, a few coffees have given me the extra buzz needed to get through until at least lunch i hope

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
There pace attack is just as i expected. Was always thinking they would go that way really. Liked Harris in last test. To be honest i was surprised when Hauritz was left out at the start of the series. He along with this pace attack would be far more of a threat id have thought. lets hope for some early wickets.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
GOOD MORNING!

right then Toss won, Tremmers in, Bowling start, Coffee on the go, 5hours sleep roughly....BRING IT ON!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
GOOD MORNING!

right then Toss won, Tremmers in, Bowling start, Coffee on the go, 5hours sleep roughly....BRING IT ON!

Greetings Marc. Envy you the 5 hours kip, i tried but was waste of time, so will be struggling in a few hours. Prediction time for lunch then? I am going for 89-1. Watson out early for single figures!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
close call nice start, ruffle their FEATHERS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here