Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
right, this is a good start... now lets knock a few more runs off and eat up this defecit..... Both these boys are capable of big scores and I'd like to see the Convicts chasing leather !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not too many scares thus far and Hayden & Hussey showed that this is a good track when the ball loses the shine.

Betfair betting currently shows the draw not much longer than the Aussie win - a few more overs and the draw will be the favourite result.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not too many scares thus far and Hayden & Hussey showed that this is a good track when the ball loses the shine.

Betfair betting currently shows the draw not much longer than the Aussie win - a few more overs and the draw will be the favourite result.

Please don't say that when we are still 150 runs behind :facepalm:

Shirley we need to be ahead of the Convicts without any wickets down before we can even think of a Draw.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Please don't say that when we are still 150 runs behind :facepalm:

Shirley we need to be ahead of the Convicts without any wickets down before we can even think of a Draw.....

I'm only talking about the betting odds.

As I type...

Draw - evens
Au win - 6/5
Eng win - 20/1

damo42

Nov 22, 2010

Haiden and Hussey......Hayden retired in 2009

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oops... Johnson drops Strauss at mid off. Hopefully they will regret that one big time!

122-0 Strauss 72 Cook 46

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm turning into bed - great session thus far from the lefties.

Odds right now...

Draw - 1/2
Au win - 5/2
Eng win - 14/1

(At the start of play Au were 2/5)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Cook goes to 51

134-0 (87 behind)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 135-0 at lunch.

That's a great session for England... Strauss 79* and Cook 51* have added 116 to the overnight total in 31 overs, and reduced the deficit to 86.

1 session down... 3 to go.

westy1983

Feb 28, 2005
Hove
I was going to got to bed but after start that I will probably stay up til 5am. Don't want to jinx it but if I can get to then and entertain real prospects of a draw I will be half happy. Plus there is some snow forecast in 45 minutes time!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Well this was a very pleasent surprise coming back from the pub! I can actually enjoy watching this now!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
right, this is a good start... now lets knock a few more runs off and eat up this defecit..... Both these boys are capable of big scores and I'd like to see the Convicts chasing leather !

The power of positive thought ?

Well, I think we have a sniff of mugging them in their own back yard.. a quick 150 more in the morning and The Convicts may have a tricky 5TH day afternoon !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A great days work from the England batsmen. This test should now be a draw and move on for the Perth game.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think England would have grabbed a draw from this game if offered it on Wednesday. Graveyard for away teams.

Trott says there is still work to do - which is correct. A classic England collapse (with remaining wickets going for say 100 more) would leave Australia in with a good shout. For me, bat this out and move on. Keep the Aussies in the field for two full days (and an hour) and give their supporters time to get on the backs of the bowlers and getting at Ponting. Then take that to the second test and win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here