Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Big one now is to get Hussey. In fact I'll stick my neck out here and say if we can Hussey out in the next 15 minutes or so, we could end up with a first innings lead.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Got to stop pitching it up for Hussey to pull. 38 of his 40 runs have been boundaries !!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Just seen Finns c and b ! amazing!!! for a lad of 6ft 8 to get down and and keep hold of that was class...

First session on Sat is crucial, and remember England have just taken the new ball so hopefully can get Hussey and the rest..

Got a feeling this will be a tight one!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I watched the hour before the bad light break, just as the new ball was going to be taken. I have to say, England didn't look like taking a wicket in that time so the new ball has come at the right time for us.

Just pray that our front line bowlers can make full use of it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Better day today, watched Katich and Punters wickets in the Chalk Hotel. Hello to Tim the Brighton fan who came and said hello before the game. :bigwave:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This may sound a bit optimistic but I thought our bowling attack bar the last hour looked very potent indeed. With the new ball and some rest overnight this game is still very much open. All 3 results are still on given that we are only an innings and a half through in two days.

As I see it there are 3 scenarios here:

1) we may well roll over a few in the morning session tomorrow and then end up level or not far behind on 1st innings and so our second innings will be key

2) Australia bat on as we dont put the pressure on and have a 100 or maybe 130 lead and so out second innings has a lot of work to do just to make them bat again

3) Australia bat all day and we are then needing to bat at least 5 sessions to save the game.

My money is on the second.

larus

I think the 1st hour is very important today (tonight). New ball/fresh legs; get through them quick and limit them to say 20-30 run lead. Can't see us failing as badly second time round (3 ducks plus a 4) and think Swanny could be a factor in their second innings.

Never thought that after 260 we were out of it.

Now; if that's not the kiss of death I'll be surprised....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Big, Big morning this morning. We need a couple of early wickets, if hussey and haddin weather the storm and get through the new ball they'll post a decent lead. One good thing yesterday was the pitch beginning to crack up. I rekon it'll misbehave on day 5 and I wouldn't fancy trying to chase down 200+ on it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think we can get them out for less 300, knock up 300 ourselves and then bowl them out for less than 250. Got a feeling this one is going to be very very close, but an England win.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Right I am doing my first shift of live Ashes on Sky and doing the morning session.

Can't wait for it

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Day 3 dawns - well no it doesn't as its nearly midnight but I'm sure you know what I mean.

My heart says new ball rips through the Convicts and they barely have a lead and it is game on:thumbsup:

My head says they put another 200 runs on the board and that yet again we have made a bad start to a Series:down:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good bowling start, keeping it very tight.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
next 30 minutes could be vital

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Closer and closer. This is like being all over a crap team at Withdean but not scoring. Come on get a convict out now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Certainly having a go, good bowling

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What sort of a stroke was that ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here