Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oops, forgot to get some early evening shut eye. Plan A gone to pot already. Ah well, Plan B it is then, now where's my pint sized coffee mug.......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just heard a Convict, who I think is Justin Langer, comment on TMS about the pitch today.... " I think the pitch looks good still and I'm sure our boys are looking forward to getting out there and getting runs on the board .."

2 points here,

1, we are still batting and you don't look like getting us out :lolol:

2, you are 230 + behind us now so you need a miracle ! :laugh:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
my boss just made a good point to me: This time next year you could be at that ground on the telly!

:wetspants:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I was really hoping that Colly would do that and fully expected such a decent bloke to do it. He knew he wasn't going anywhere fast any more and that it was time to make way for someone else. He worked very hard with a pretty limited batting ability and saved us on more than one occasion, cheers Colly!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And there's another century.

Siddle 1-100 :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on TIMMY, let's have a run or two.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
my boss just made a good point to me: This time next year you could be at that ground on the telly!

:wetspants:

Is that a nice way of telling you you're fired?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
BBC Test Match Special's Michael Vaughan On Paul Collingwood's Test retirement:
"He's still going to play one-day internationals and Twenty20 cricket for England, but after the Perth Test we were talking and he said this should be my last Test series. He felt he had taken his game as far as he could and saw Eoin Morgan in the nets and thought it was his turn."

What an absolute gent. Thanks Colly. :bowdown:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...or in fact a four :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Drinks update chez Krabappel: a rather cheeky South African pinot grigio from Waitrose.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Oops, forgot to get some early evening shut eye. Plan A gone to pot already. Ah well, Plan B it is then, now where's my pint sized coffee mug.......

I managed to get some in between 21.30 and 10.50. Not much, but it will help in the morning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here