Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
It is what's making cricket enjoyable at the moment, all of the top sides can beat the others.

I do not class Australia as a top side at present.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How deluded is Michael Clarke saying on the radio he still thinks the Aussies can bowl us out quickly and score enough runs on day 4 to bowl us out again on day 5. I would suggest we should bat as long as possible so that losing is not a possibilty and then either be all out or declare mid afternoon to allow the rest of the day and the last day to bowl them out.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Day Four Prediction:

208 lead - maybe add 70 more realistically. Aussies batting after lunch needing 280 to make us bat again and then get a lead in order to bowl us out to win the test - ain't going to happen.

Two sessions to bowl at them - perhaps 3 down at the close for 150, still needing another 130 to make us bat again on Day 5.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Day Four Prediction:

208 lead - maybe add 70 more realistically. Aussies batting after lunch needing 280 to make us bat again and then get a lead in order to bowl us out to win the test - ain't going to happen.

Two sessions to bowl at them - perhaps 3 down at the close for 150, still needing another 130 to make us bat again on Day 5.

England bat until lunch, then either declare or all out, for 582 (Prior 106), a lead of 302. Australia, all out tomorrow for 164, with England taking the extra half hour to knock over the last two. Swann the pick of the bowlers with 5-31.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
SA all out for 341, at the close, setting India 340 to win (the series) on the final day. Great test match. If SA actually had a decent spinner then India would be in all kinds of trouble (Harbajan took 7 in the SA 2nd inns). As it is, it looks finely balanced.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just finished the highlights of what I missed last night, great knocks from cooky and belly and so happy to see Matty in the runs aswell.

Back to work tomorrow and I'll be going in very tired, plan on staying up til 4am again tonight :lolol:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I've been doing the morning session then heading to bed and then up again at 5.30am for the end of the afternoon session. Has worked but God I'm knackered.

Same here, I'm ok till about now and I feel a bit dozy.
Did this for the Melbourne test and have just about made up for t by waking late cos not working, but the last couple of mornings have been hard going.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What time (UK) does play start after lunch? I'm gambling on England smacking it around as much as possible in the morning, then declaring either just before, or at lunch, to leave a day and half to win the game.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
wENT THROUGH THE NIGHT TILL CLOSE OF PLAY, HEAD DOWN AT 7AM AND BY MIDDAY HAD DOOR BELL RUNG TWICE AND TWO PHONE CALLS! SODS LAW SO HAVE JUST HAD A COUPLE OF HOURS. WILL JUST STAY AWAKE FOR AS LONG AS I CAN FOR DAY 4. shit i did not mean to shout, did not see caps lock was on, shows am still half asleep lol

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What time (UK) does play start after lunch? I'm gambling on England smacking it around as much as possible in the morning, then declaring either just before, or at lunch, to leave a day and half to win the game.

2:10am if lunch is taken at the normal time (1:30am) which it should be

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it too much to ask for a few rapid runs then knocking them all over in two sessions tonight?!

OK, I'm being greedy now :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
would be nice edna but I cant see it happening, I would take a quick smash around and get a 300+ lead at lunch and declare but I can see Strauss keeping us out there until Tea unless we get bowled out. Swann will be a threat anytime from Tea onwards into Day 5, my prediction it'll be over by lunch on Day 5!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We'll probably get bowled out sharpish anyway, Prior isn't exactly renowned for his powers of concentration early on...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
We'll probably get bowled out sharpish anyway, Prior isn't exactly renowned for his powers of concentration early on...

I think you're right but I also think our attack will rip them to shreds with a side helping of spin. We bat again (maybe), all wrapped up Day 5 for the SERIES WIN....:thumbsup:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
just finished the highlights of what I missed last night, great knocks from cooky and belly and so happy to see Matty in the runs aswell.

Back to work tomorrow and I'll be going in very tired, plan on staying up til 4am again tonight :lolol:

I am in Boston USA this week, so I get to watch the cricket from my hotel room without having to stay up too late !

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
@cricketanalyst: Big hugs and handshakes for collingwood on field suggests he may be going to announce his retirement from tests.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
@cricketanalyst: Big hugs and handshakes for collingwood on field suggests he may be going to announce his retirement from tests.

and now confirmed, thanks Colly for the memories!

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Would love Prior to knock off a century this morning and then not have to wait too much longer for Aggers to do the sprinkler dance. Could be a very enjoyable night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here