Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes; First Test, Cardiff. Match Thread..

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Spin at both Ends, on a spinners pitch, wicket in the next 5 overs... yes please Vicor

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm worried. Australia will have a similar innings to England, but at least two of their batsmen is going to score big. The pitch isn't doing much and I reckon the Aussies are going to be about 500-6 by the end of play tomorrow. :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And another thing. What is the point of Monty Panesar? He is a VILLAGE player in every aspect except his bowling, and right now he's bowling like a moderate county standard player.

I hope he doesn't feature for the rest of the series.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pieterson got let off yesterday so it all evens out. Sadly though, the Aussies are unlikely to attempt to take the piss out of our spinners and generously give their wickets away a few balls later by sweeping against the spin from 3 feet outside off stump.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And another thing. What is the point of Monty Panesar? He is a VILLAGE player in every aspect except his bowling, and right now he's bowling like a moderate county standard player.

I hope he doesn't feature for the rest of the series.

Broad really doesnt like him it seems.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Healthy dose of realism being delivered now for all those that were crowing about our great start.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not really a results pitch is it ? Havn't Glamorgan drawn their last 3 or 4 games there ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
James Anderson is something of an enigma; his form warrants his selection yet, to me, I'm never expecting him to run through a top order unless there are freakish conditions.

0-45, got nothing with the new ball. 38 test matches - 128 wickets at 35 a pop. So-so record, but he's clearly not a Gough, Caddick or Fraser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here