Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is an absolute beat down, I thought England might bat this morning and be out cheaply and thus the series dead, but I think this is equally as daunting, more than 450 or so and it’s highly unlikely England win this test, 2-0 down and it’s basically game set and match.

What’s more troubling is it seems the Aussies are just much better than us, we can try and biff it about but bowling batting and fielding they are better in all departments.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Head stumped by Root :lolol:

That was nice from Bairstow in fairness, quick hands… did help that Head was basically in Cambridgeshire at the time :lol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
This is an absolute beat down, I thought England might bat this morning and be out cheaply and thus the series dead, but I think this is equally as daunting, more than 450 or so and it’s highly unlikely England win this test, 2-0 down and it’s basically game set and match.

What’s more troubling is it seems the Aussies are just much better than us, we can try and biff it about but bowling batting and fielding they are better in all departments.
That's a bit of an over reaction. The last test it looked like England would win until the last half hour. I still think the arrogant declaration cost that game.
If we are still playing Broad and Anderson, the piches have to be seamer friendly. Leach is a big loss though even if he is not as good as Lyon just to keep it tight at one end.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I just came in the review for that. I thought 'That's nowhere near his edge'.

I guess I couldn't contemplate an England stumping.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Throw away your wickets England style !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One brings two…

Dreadful from Green. The kind of crap shot you expect from Stokes recently.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was thinking the Aussies might declare and put us in for an hour…… No ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was what we call 'agricultural' in Sunday cricket :ROFLMAO:
It’s not even the ugly lack of any technique- it’s the childish, slack arrogance - I know im old fashioned when it comes to my cricket, but honestly, you’ve got to at least look at a FEW balls, before teeing off.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Robinson and no balls today… nightmare, needs to wake up otherwise him or Jimmy will be dropped next test.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They have been since 1989, bar a brief but wonderful period when we had a brilliant team.

Cliches, but Aussie tunnel vision to not throw away a wicket, better fielding, making every ball in hand count. A sports obsessed country, winning is everything, second is nowhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here