Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yeah, these two ain’t getting out any time soon.

Wheel loose, cart horses getting tonked around the place at the moment

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Think Anderson showing unfortunately that Father Time has caught up with him
In elite sport advantages are measured in mm, and you lose just a fraction and it’s enough to bring you back toward ordinary. Put it this way, there isn’t the gear there once was when Jimmy is thrown the ball.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Not been a good day for England here, at all, and a worrying sign for the series overall.

We seem pretty flat, nothing’s happening and we don’t seem up to making it happen.

Meanwhile the Aussies are continuing with the same solid Test Match professionalism they showed at Edgbaston.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Never looked out at first glance that, questionable umpiring.

Once again England bowlers bowling too short, just takes bowled and LB out the equation

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Should have batted? Captain hindsight strikes again :lol:

I just can’t see these two getting out any time soon, both going to get centuries I reckon, maybe even quadruple centuries never going to get them out this series, if ever!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Desperate review that, he’s absolutely smashed the face off it and impact outside the line

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Before the series I thought about betting that Australia would retain the Ashes, assuming I’d get decent odds with the market artificially skewed by patriotic Anglo Saxons. Wrong, they were rubbish (low).

We now know why.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Think Anderson showing unfortunately that Father Time has caught up with him
Yes, Stokes has had it as a bowler too it seems. I think his series will be effectively over by day 4 of this test. Bazball has just hit reality with this Australian team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here