Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Outstanding innings that.

I just can't see how they cannot work a field like that when there is no threat to quick accumulation from safe play.

We've just given them two wickets and if Brook doesn't get it right they've got another coming.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Feels like this is where England will do the usual and throw it away despite the fact it seems everything is in our favour
Yep, absolutely moronic batting. Just duck under for a few overs they’d soon get bored/tired.

It’s the ego thing again, I love the attacking brand England play but play hook shots to short balls with a loaded leg side field is the definition of stupid.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They've just handed them 3-34 when they could have had 0-50 by just nudging the ball around.

Fuckwit Ball.

Do all the hard work, take a commanding position, force an appalling field and then start hitting the ball to them when most of the time it was only getting singles anyway.

Opposition setting fields for a bad shot. I set far better fields than that on Sundays.

But Cummins was right, they needed to set fields for a stupid shot.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s basically a matter of time before they hit it to one of the fielders, if you just let them run in and pound it into the ground for 10 overs or so they will be knackered and they have no fit front line spinner.

It’s brainless pure and simple, can anyone give me any good reason for why they continue to hook or is it just bone idleness

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Harry Brook :LOL:
If he'd have got out to that I'd have dropped him from the team. I don't care if he gets a ton. Utterly irresponsible.

Do I seem annoyed ? :ROFLMAO:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It’s basically a matter of time before they hit it to one of the fielders, if you just let them run in and pound it into the ground for 10 overs or so they will be knackered and they have no fit front line spinner.

It’s brainless pure and simple, can anyone give me any good reason for why they continue to hook or is it just bone idleness
It’s what they do in “cricket” nowadays to get the beery crowd excited and coming back for more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here