Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think i is clear Andy Naylor doesnt like Glenn Murray, a whole article about him not tracking back. The match report about him not tracking back. The players ratings are about him not tracking back, even though the player being rated wasnt Glenn Murray.

Not one mention in any article or player rating that Tommy Elphick was at fault for the first goal for letting Trundle turn him. But what a surprise it does mention Tommy Elphick blaming Murray for the second goal.

I just fear that all the negativity on here and in The Argus about Glenn will make him want to leave. He has scored 20 goals in a year since he has joined, showed real class and is my favourite player.

Only Forster has scored more goals for this club than Glenn, so we need to keep him, his goals will keep us up!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sounds like a manager losing control....:nono:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Sounds like a manager losing control....:nono:

I think so too. I also think that Adams himself thinks he is a different manager. He keeps referring to his old self, as if he has changed. Maybe he has lost total confidence in his own ability. Which if it is the case, hardly inspires his players to have confidence in him.

I really do believe that Adams should resign. I'm under no illusions about a new manager being able to sign anybody new. The till is empty anyway. But a new manager maybe able to use the current players better than Adams can and just keep us up.

What a total mess.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think i is clear Andy Naylor doesnt like Glenn Murray, a whole article about him not tracking back. The match report about him not tracking back. The players ratings are about him not tracking back, even though the player being rated wasnt Glenn Murray.

Naylor loves and adores Mickey Adams. He wouldn't have it in him to question why an unfit/injured Glenn Murray was picked because that would bring in to question Micky Adams team selection. I don't know, maybe he also hates Glenn Murray, but I suspect not wanting to point out MA's failings may play a part.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Why on earth would anyone on here owe Murray an apology?

If it was Fraser or El-Abd that stopped chasing like Murray did you'd have gone f***ing mad TCB.

Murray is our most important player, anyone can see that, but he still shouldn't have stopped chasing like he did. El-Abd's defending was almost as bad after Delph broke through but it still doesn't excuse the fact that Murray gave up. He didn't pull up with an injury, he was moving fine before hand and afterwards. He just stopped 'cause he didn’t fancy his chances.

And knowing Virgo I'm almost certain the comments he's given there are plastic.

Murray could not jog properly let along sprint back to challenge the player. About 2 mins after coming on Murray was holding his stomach and was clearly in pain! I have no idea how you can say he wasn't showing the signs of being injured. Everyone around us fully expected him to be subbed even though he had just come on as he was so clearly hampered by his injury!

Some people just have to say Murray is lazy blah blah blah. Fraser should look as his own faults & failings before moaning at others. Murray has achieved so much more than muppets like Fraser already, and Murray will go on and upwards whilst Fraser will soon be non league.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
When Murray "gave up", Delph still had 20 yards to make up just to get into our half. He then ran UNCHALLENGED by our midfield AND our defence (as well as the strikers) and planted an unstoppable shot in the top corner.

Elphick then had the nerve to blame Murray, even though Elphick was at fault for the first goal (not that its mentioned in the papers). As a striker myself, I didnt see too much wrong in what Murray did. Delph was still 75 yards from our goal and Murray made more of an effort to close down Delph than anyone else in that move, as everyone else just backed off

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
In a nutshell

I think so too. I also think that Adams himself thinks he is a different manager. He keeps referring to his old self, as if he has changed. Maybe he has lost total confidence in his own ability. Which if it is the case, hardly inspires his players to have confidence in him.

I really do believe that Adams should resign. I'm under no illusions about a new manager being able to sign anybody new. The till is empty anyway. But a new manager maybe able to use the current players better than Adams can and just keep us up.

What a total mess.

Whichever way you look at it its got to be down to Micky Adams - either Murray isn't fit so don't pick him( what's wrong with Robinson as sub?) or Micky can't motivate players to play for him . Management has to take responsibility and that means cheerio but after Luton, please.
I didn't think they played that badly on sat - at least they passed to each other and Elphick Virgo and Fraser(yes, Fraser) all had a shout for man of the match.
If Micky goes I am actually quite optimistic . And another thing - Dick Knight has made one big Cock-up but his massive efforts for the club means he doesn't need to go -yet!

88brighton

Feb 13, 2008
Hangleton
No matter what is said Murray is a lazy B******. Cant be bothered to get onside does not chase the back four? He needs to either start playing for the club or piss off! from the money we get in im sure we could get a player who would make an effort in the team! He has obviously said he is able to play im sure Micky would not have put him on the bench against his own will?
As for Fraser i think he is right in what he done as he plays for the club and not just to pick up his wages!!!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
No matter what is said Murray is a lazy B******. Cant be bothered to get onside does not chase the back four? He needs to either start playing for the club or piss off! from the money we get in im sure we could get a player who would make an effort in the team! He has obviously said he is able to play im sure Micky would not have put him on the bench against his own will?
As for Fraser i think he is right in what he done as he plays for the club and not just to pick up his wages!!!!

MIcky has said he put Murray on the bench and made him play. He even admitted it backfired and said he was responsible

Murray may well be a lazy bastard but only Nicky forster has scored mroe goals than him at this club, and Forster had a 5 month head start and is only 8 ahead of Murray

Fraser is not right in what he did, not infront of the home fans anyway, but its done, we need them both to play for this club and help us get out of this mess

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fraser's biggest problem is that his brain is 3ft closer to the ground than his head. Yes he may play with passion and that has got him ridiculous bookings and at least one sending off but he has very little skill.

The Voice

Jan 16, 2009
Okay let's cut through the crap and put the facts up here.

The reason Adams is taking the blame for Murray playing is because he is manager and he picks the team. As far as he is concerned the buck stops with him.

What he hasn't revealed is that Murray declared himself fit before the game. It only become apparent that he wasn't fit when he was actually on the pitch. Malcolm Stuart apologised to Adams after the game for giving him false information.

Badger you need to think why your darling player did that but I for one can fully understand Fraser's frustration boiling over. I can't fathom an answer to that question.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
From my not so good vantage point in the south stand it looked as though Murray gave up chasing Delph once he was about 5/6 yards ahead of him. Also, when the last substitution was made, Murray actually started walking towards the touchline and looked a bit surprised to see that it wasn't him coming off.

It does seem that Naylor wants to talk up the likes of Elphick and has a downer on Murray. To me Elphick is a stopper with a big heart, small brain and inconsistent distribution. He has good games, bad games and ones where he plays OK and makes a mistake - like Saturday. To pick up on Murray the forward not defending, and ignore the defender not defending is a slightly obvious bias

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
When Murray "gave up", Delph still had 20 yards to make up just to get into our half. He then ran UNCHALLENGED by our midfield AND our defence (as well as the strikers) and planted an unstoppable shot in the top corner.

Elphick then had the nerve to blame Murray, even though Elphick was at fault for the first goal (not that its mentioned in the papers). As a striker myself, I didnt see too much wrong in what Murray did. Delph was still 75 yards from our goal and Murray made more of an effort to close down Delph than anyone else in that move, as everyone else just backed off

A little harsh on the rest of the players considering they were still up for the corner looking for an equaliser. Murray stopped running around about the halfway line. Even if Murray hadn't caught Delph, it MAY have put Delph in two minds as to what he would do if he'd kept going (even though I don't think anyone in Murray's starting position would have caught Delph - he was off like a train). In the event, Murray stopping effectively made his mind up for him.

Bearing in mind it was a 2 v1, if El-Abd had gone to Delph, he'd merely have passed the ball to the bloke steaming up on the left.

In other words, a classic counter-attack, and a carbon copy goal of the beaut Zamora scored against Ipswich about five or six years ago.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
However, what is unacceptable is the Fraser/Murray incident. Like me, I'm sure a lot of fans accept that we're shit, but a player actually making the effort to barge into his team mate (especially one who's our best player and top scorer) is the straw that breaks the camels back.

You may be relieved and enlightened to know that Murray, Fraser and Virgo are all good mates. I had a pint with them all at Wembley before the Oasis gig a couple of months back and have seen them out clubbing as a trio a few times.

And does Micky still have his Burgess Hill love nest of News of the Screws fame?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here