Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
And the bit in bold is, in my opinion, the key bit. Of course if it was just 1v1 and our man was Murray then it would be unforgivable to give up, but he clearly stopped once Delph was in El Abd's territory. El Abd then ran all the way with Delph without putting any sort of challenge in. That, for me, is why that goal was more El Abd's fault than anyone else's.

You really are a prick aren't you. Murray made no effort to chase back...he made no effort the whole time he was on the pitch. Whether that was due to injury or him being a lazy fucker...nobody knows...end of.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
but he clearly stopped once Delph was in El Abd's territory. El Abd then ran all the way with Delph without putting any sort of challenge in. That, for me, is why that goal was more El Abd's fault than anyone else's.

Have you ever tried watching a game and them reporting on what actually happened as opposed to what you think may have happened, and perhaps wanted to happen.

At no time from start to finish did El Abd or indeed any player run with Delph and not put in a challenge, he ran the entire distance with nobody within 10 yds of him once he had left Murray for dead until he was near to our penalty box and was confronted by El Abd whereupon he had a shot and what a brillianty finish it was too .

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It just begs the question of Adams...WHY WHY WHY PICK A PLAYER WHO OBVIOUSLY ISN'T FIT ENUFF....what does that say for the rest of the squad players....

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
murrey should not have been involved. but he's one of adams special picks who decides if he's ready for action or not - hawkwind and virgs being the others. is there a less professional club in league 1?

if we have to pick sides between someone who's come through the youth system and clearly cares about the club or somebody who fit or not, decides to abandon his teamates and walk away from the match with his team 1 nil down with ten minutes to go... i pick tommy fraser everytime.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Quote : It just begs the question of Adams...WHY WHY WHY PICK A PLAYER WHO OBVIOUSLY ISN'T FIT ENUFF....what does that say for the rest of the squad players....

Indeed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He said at the fans forum that he lived in the midlands (Market Harborough actually) and that he was fed up with travelling to Colchester, as assistant manager and missing his young family grow up so he was looking forward to moving to Sussex before the season started so would assume that he now lives fairly near to Brighton or Falmer.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Quote : It just begs the question of Adams...WHY WHY WHY PICK A PLAYER WHO OBVIOUSLY ISN'T FIT ENUFF....what does that say for the rest of the squad players....

Indeed

There were no other squad players, count them.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
McLeod wasn't fit
Birchall wasn't match fit
Murray hadn't trained all week
Mayo's not match fit
But they all had to be in the match squad because we've got no one else.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Doesnt this shy away from the fact that they SCORED from OUR corner. And that really isnt good enough...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1. Virgo's comments are plastic.
2. Adams doesn't specifically defend him for not chasing back, he refers to the decision of bringing Murray on in general, and in actual fact, Murray was poor when he came on.

But it's not down to the position he plays in is it? You obviously don't play a lot of football 'cause if one of my team mates was nearest to an opposition player breaking away on a counter attack from a corner with no one else near him I'd expect him to chase the player regardless of his position - that's your job in a team game - you work for your team mates. I'm not surprised Elphick and El-Abd reacted like they did, Fraser was probably over the top, but if that happened in my team I'd have a few choice words with the player.

Murray was moving fine, people near the incident in the North stand commented that he didn’t pull up through injury, he just gave up, there was no gesticulation of pain from Murray.

Murray was beaten for pace by this player, and it was well inside their half. In all honesty it would have been pretty pointless to continue to chase him. It would have achieved little or nothing. Further, in most normal teams losing a ball in this position is fairly risk free as you would expect someone to present some form of opposition. Sadly at the Albion most of our team turned into stand-off and back peddling muppets.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Doesnt this shy away from the fact that they SCORED from OUR corner. And that really isnt good enough...

You've never heard of a counter attack then?

I don't understand why people are questioning other defenders or the midfield. We were chasing an equaliser so most of the team were in the opoosition's area. Even if Murray was injured, I don't believe he was injured to the extent that he couldn't do a short spell of running, if he was so unfit how come he managed to start the chase before giving up? I said from the start that El-Abd was probably most to blame for the way he backed off and backed off, but I do find the fact that Murray was in a position to seriously affect Delph's chances of scoring yet chose to give up really poor.

It doesn't matter who was where or why they weren't somewhere else, in that basic situation I'd expect a player to bust a gut to prevent the goal. If you are convinced that the only reason he gave up was because of an injury then fine, I'm not so sure.

With regard to Fraser, he is a young enthusiastic player who puts in 100% every game. Whilst it was a silly thing to do as a professional, I can understand the frustration, and I don't understand why people would get on his back unless they've already decided he was wrong, whilst the golden boy was entirely without blame. I don't think it's comparable to the Fuler incident at all, because that was an inexplicable incident, and was more aggressive. In this case it was for a very specific and obvious reason.

One final point, I think you have to read a little bit into the politics of what Virgo has said. He's obviously not going to come and blame individual players (which is almost what he's doing) on his own accord, this must be something he's been instructed to say. Maybe I'm getting entirely the wrong impression but is he defending Murray for the reason that in house there have been words with him?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You've never heard of a counter attack then?

I don't understand why people are questioning other defenders or the midfield. We were chasing an equaliser so most of the team were in the opoosition's area. Even if Murray was injured, I don't believe he was injured to the extent that he couldn't do a short spell of running, if he was so unfit how come he managed to start the chase before giving up? I said from the start that El-Abd was probably most to blame for the way he backed off and backed off, but I do find the fact that Murray was in a position to seriously affect Delph's chances of scoring yet chose to give up really poor.

It doesn't matter who was where or why they weren't somewhere else, in that basic situation I'd expect a player to bust a gut to prevent the goal. If you are convinced that the only reason he gave up was because of an injury then fine, I'm not so sure.

Are you thick or something?

How many more times?

Murray is INJURED.
Murray is one of our SLOWEST players.
Delph is one of their FASTEST players.

When there are faster players in our team (e.g Fleetwood), what is the point of an Murray in pain running back when the play is long gone? He's our centre forward, not our centre back. Faster players should have been tracking back as well. And Murray wasn't in a position to stop Delph scoring, because a vastly faster player had accellerated away from him long before he gave up.

You may also blame El-Abd, but it doesn't hide the fact that you've got a tiresome vendetta against Glenn and will do anything to pin the blame on him for something. Pathetic. :yawn:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

How many more times?

Murray is INJURED.

When there are faster players in our team (e.g Fleetwood), what is the point of an Murray in pain running back when the play is long gone? He's our centre forward, not our centre back. Faster players should have been tracking back as well. And Murray wasn't in a position to stop Delph scoring, because a vastly faster player had accellerated away from him long before he gave up.

You may also blame El-Abd, but it doesn't hide the fact that you've got a tiresome vendetta against Glenn and will do anything to pin the blame on him for something. Pathetic. :yawn:

How many more times do I have to tell you that I'm not convinced the injury was the main reason why, in that particular situation, he gave up running. If you are then fine.

I don't have a vendetta against Murray, I've said already that in terms of natural talent I think he's almost certainly our best player. I do have a problem with his attitude, and not just yesterday but in general. I'd argue that the vendetta is entirely the opposite way, I will praise Murray when he plays well and scores and look interested, he was brilliant against Swindon, yet for some reason you don't seem to be able to accept any criticism of him. Anyone who does dare to say anything against the golden boy either doesn't understand football, only appreciates 'headless chicken' players, or has a vendetta against him. Patheti :glare:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
How many more times do I have to tell you that I'm not convinced the injury was the main reason why, in that particular situation, he gave up running. If you are then fine.

I don't have a vendetta against Murray, I've said already that in terms of natural talent I think he's almost certainly our best player. I do have a problem with his attitude, and not just yesterday but in general. I'd argue that the vendetta is entirely the opposite way, I will praise Murray when he plays well and scores and look interested, he was brilliant against Swindon, yet for some reason you don't seem to be able to accept any criticism of him. Anyone who does dare to say anything against the golden boy either doesn't understand football, only appreciates 'headless chicken' players, or has a vendetta against him. Patheti :glare:

Broken record. When Murray is shit (e.g boxing day) I have no problem with people moaning at him. But general moaning, and ignorant moaning after games such as Saturday's pisses me off, frankly.

You claim not to have a vendetta, but you've totally ignored the valid points about Murray being slow, about him having already been 'done', about Delph being the fastest player on the pitch and about other Albion players getting back quicker, because you're desperate to believe he's somehow to blame. Oh, and you're for some reason itching to ignore his obvious physical discomfort which you would have witnessed if you'd watched his performance on Saturday, as well as the words of Micky Adams, the words of Adam Virgo, and the FACT that Murray had declared himself unfit, was eating in hospitality before the game having ruled himself out, only to be persuaded to sit on the bench "just in case."

Pathetic. :)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I saw Glen before the game outside hospitality and asked him if he was playing and he said he wasn't. The fact that we had so few fit pro's must have meant he was persuaded to be on the bench purely as a last resort in the hope that, if needed he could do 15-20 minutes. Micky has already said he shouldn't have brought him on.

pyi

Jul 24, 2007

What part of NOT FIT do you not understand.

Last edited:

pyi

Jul 24, 2007

How many more times?

Murray is INJURED.

Correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here