Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus report 10,000 families considering leaving Brighton and Hove .......

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Re: Re: The Argus report 10,000 families considering leaving Brighton and Hove .......

hove born&bred said:
Don't you dare mention fcuking Lewes on here:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

LDC and Lewes are not the same thing just as B&H's Tory MPs who failed to stop the sale of the Goldstone or the asset stripping of the club are not the same thing as the citizens of Brighton village.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
One upon a time it was just people from Croydon moving down here and spoiling the quality of life now they come from all over London and Reading as well. :nono:

PS: And Yorkies as well.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
perseus said:
One upon a time it was just people from Croydon moving down here and spoiling the quality of life now they come from all over London and Reading as well. :nono:

PS: And Yorkies as well.

What? Yorkie is spoiling the quality of life? :jester:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Gwylan said:
I was born and brought up in Brighton, as were my dad and grandad but Mrs Gwylan was born and brought up in London (as were her parents and grandparents). What does HB&B think we should do: both live here, neither live here or that we should be split up?

I really hadn't realised that B&H was the next place marked for ethnic cleansing.

Under H B&B's new regime Mrs Gywlan will be shot.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
I've got a revolutionary idea. Why don't we stop allowing the NIMBY 'stop the world I want to get off' tossers to block every planning application that ever sees the light of day in the town.

Then we could actually build some new homes and the law of supply and demand will ensure that prices stablise at least.

Alternatively, we could leave things as they are until Brighton becomes the new Sandbanks...:angry:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
hove born&bred said:
I myself although Hove Born and Bred have to travel to the city of London every day to be able to afford a decent home in my place of birth.

Using your logic, you shouldn't be allowed to work in London. You're taking Londoners jobs and draining their resources.

D

Deleted User X18H

Grendel said:
Using your logic, you shouldn't be allowed to work in London. You're taking Londoners jobs and draining their resources.
An exception can be made here as most Cockneys are too thick to do my job.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think HBB is trying to outdo dwayne in the 'my job is considerably more important than yours' stakes :dunce:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
hove born&bred said:
I have just fired this off to the Argus. (unspell checked)

Sir, Further to the headline regarding the exodus of 10,000 Brighton and Hove familes from the town due to unaffordable housing, I feel the time has come for Brighton and Hove Council to introduce a local connection entry criteria for any one wishing to move to the city of Brighton and Hove.

Anyone who ... does not need to relocate due to work should be means tested to see what benifits they can bring to the city this should be done irrespective of wealth.

This may encourage the key workers we are soon as suggested to be deprived of, to move back.

Have to say I completely agree with Hove B&B on this one. Only when Brighton&Hove has its complete quota of doctors, nurses, firemen, binmen and teachers, should we even THINK about allowing single white male Web Site Designers and Commuters In The Finance Sector anywhere near our town. Sorry, City.

Last edited:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The Tory Inbred has probably hoovered up too much white dust through his nasal passages in the past, thus reducing his capacity for rational coherent arguements.....

At least he has something in common with his new party leader.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Infernal Optimist said:
I've got a revolutionary idea. Why don't we stop allowing the NIMBY 'stop the world I want to get off' tossers to block every planning application that ever sees the light of day in the town.

Then we could actually build some new homes and the law of supply and demand will ensure that prices stablise at least.

Alternatively, we could leave things as they are until Brighton becomes the new Sandbanks...:angry:

That's Blair's market led planning policies. Brighton Council go along with the new housing cause they want the % social (subsidised?) cheaper housing. It is the Londoners with their greater income that are making the prices about 10% (or more) over and above the price affordable by people working in Sussex.

In short, a huge future unemployment problems are being created. Unless the regional planners get a grip and build a huge prestige project to create jobs, we will end up like Hull with Londoners.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
Under H B&B's new regime Mrs Gywlan will be shot.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I'd better increase the life insurance quickly. :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Gwylan said:
Yeah, that's what I thought.

I'd better increase the life insurance quickly. :)

I am sure being shot for being a Cockney Spy will render any life insurance policy void.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Buzza said:
What? Yorkie is spoiling the quality of life? :jester:

I knew I'd end up getting the blame.

My parents lived in Hangleton Rd when I was born but as I was born in a hospital my place of birth is Shoreham (actually)

When I married in 1969 the average house prices were £6K. Wages averaged 1,000 per annum.
That's the reason I moved to Yorkshire when my ex came out of the Navy, so it isn't even a modern thing. Wives wages weren't taken into consideration then because they said we would go off and have babies.

It was a big redundancy payout and a toy boy husband that enabled me to return south and even then not to Brighton & Hove.
I'd love my son to return to Sussex but as a fireman (Station Officer) he has no chance at all.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not much chance of your son moving to your birth town as a Fire Officer.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here