Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice series 7 starts tonight

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No, we are having a discussion and there is no need to make out someone is a complete loser just because they have an opinion on a tv show ie

Do you EVER get ANYTHING right?

ANYTHING?

that behaviour may be acceptable to you ROSM but it is not to me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
IMO, what you say about Susan is right, but you're overstating their importance. Last night she picked up on a couple of massive and glaringly obvious fuckups after the damage was done, sure, but the point is that under Helen or Tom's watch they wouldn't have happened in the first place.

She is not in Helen or Tom's class and that is a fact. Susan has no chance of winning.

Sugar will have done extensive research on their background and achievements so far, Tom's business is very unsuccessful showing a gross profit of £ 15 pa, Helen has been a PA for 9 years, Susan came from China without a pot to piss in, learned a new language as her own, got through an English School successfully, worked on the market stall with her parents at 13, started her own business at 18, paid off her parents mortgage and has made the final 4 of the apprentice at age 21. She has more potential in the future imo.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sugar will have done extensive research on their background and achievements so far, Tom's business is very unsuccessful showing a gross profit of £ 15 pa, Helen has been a PA for 9 years, Susan came from China without a pot to piss in, learned a new language as her own, got through an English School successfully, worked on the market stall with her parents at 13, started her own business at 18, paid off her parents mortgage and has made the final 4 of the apprentice at age 21. She has more potential in the future imo.

That is all very impressive, but if she is essentially a channel reseller or box shifter is he going to want that, she sold beauty products.

Whilst Tom might not be able to run a company, if he has concepts, it may be a case of going with him and using Sugar's expertise to actually run the firm?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Would it be cynical to think that a mastery of Chinese, the language of the world's No1 trading nation, might be a useful asset to Sugar's enterprise?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No, we are having a discussion and there is no need to make out someone is a complete loser just because they have an opinion on a tv show ie

Do you EVER get ANYTHING right?

ANYTHING?

that behaviour may be acceptable to you ROSM but it is not to me.

wind your neck in - you made an impassioned statement about Susie and all I said was that I can understand why you are supporting her.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Would it be cynical to think that a mastery of Chinese, the language of the world's No1 trading nation, might be a useful asset to Sugar's enterprise?

I wonder what "do the french like children?" is in Chinese.
Hopefully, the whole idea of a series of tests being carried out and Helen being victorious in all but one of them will bring her out on top. Her ideas are not always perfect, but i think her workhardiness and level-headedness should mean she's a valuable person to invest in. Tom's zaniness could mean that he invents the first talking eggplant, but that won't necessarily bring home the bacon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder what "do the french like children?" is in Chinese.
Hopefully, the whole idea of a series of tests being carried out and Helen being victorious in all but one of them will bring her out on top. Her ideas are not always perfect, but i think her workhardiness and level-headedness should mean she's a valuable person to invest in. Tom's zaniness could mean that he invents the first talking eggplant, but that won't necessarily bring home the bacon.
Wise words. Of course Tom might also invent the first affordable domestic robot so that's why he has a chance.

The fact that Susan speaks Chinese is neither here nor there if she talks as much rubbish in between her wise moments in Mandarin. If SAS wants a Chinese speaker, he'd pay for a Chinese equivalent of Helen away, well outside the realms of a game show!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Wise words. Of course Tom might also invent the first affordable domestic robot so that's why he has a chance.

The fact that Susan speaks Chinese is neither here nor there if she talks as much rubbish in between her wise moments in Mandarin. If SAS wants a Chinese speaker, he'd pay for a Chinese equivalent of Helen away, well outside the realms of a game show!

As Karren Brady said last night, Susan needs a sieve tofilter out the good from the avalanche of rubbish that she speaks. Although I am concerned that Mrs peschisolido seems to have fallen for Jim's charms and she seems to look all gooey eyed at his smooth talking. I missed the last two due to holiday so will need to iplayer to see what I missed

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As Karren Brady said last night, Susan needs a sieve tofilter out the good from the avalanche of rubbish that she speaks. Although I am concerned that Mrs peschisolido seems to have fallen for Jim's charms and she seems to look all gooey eyed at his smooth talking. I missed the last two due to holiday so will need to iplayer to see what I missed
Jim has proved to be total gash in recent weeks.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
wind your neck in - you made an impassioned statement about Susie and all I said was that I can understand why you are supporting her.

It was a sleight that I am similar to her, ie childish and sulky so at least have the courage to stick to this. I find it sad and unnecessary that people cannot discuss things without feeling it a must to make personal insults for no reason. That is why I hardly ever post on NSC anymore.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't get me wrong, Susan's got plenty of flaws. The infamous 'children' comment wasn't even her worst IMHO, there was that one episode where she completely misunderstood who was supposed to be paying who for a service/product. It reminded me of that great moment on here when one of the more strident members of the board thought that we should be paying the caterers at the Amex for the contract and their right to make millions...

:wozza:

But it would be wrong to assume that speaking Chinese is irrelevant. People who you may not think are the greatest business minds out there do very well just liaising between the two cultures, that is their skill.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So is next week the last week? Is there no final team challenge?

No team challenge. Which has reportedly pissed off all the losing candidates no end, the ones who thought they were going to get another chance to strut their stuff on TV. Just the presentation of their business plans, and the interview round. I bloody love that interview round. Can't WAIT to see what they do to Jim, who is as much full of shit as Stuart The Brand Baggs was.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't get me wrong, Susan's got plenty of flaws. The infamous 'children' comment wasn't even her worst IMHO, there was that one episode where she completely misunderstood who was supposed to be paying who for a service/product. It reminded me of that great moment on here when one of the more strident members of the board thought that we should be paying the caterers at the Amex for the contract and their right to make millions...

:wozza:

But it would be wrong to assume that speaking Chinese is irrelevant. People who you may not think are the greatest business minds out there do very well just liaising between the two cultures, that is their skill.

TG. That was the episode when she was proved to me the ONLY one who infact got the task right and the other 2 who tried to make her look like an idiot were wrong.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
TG. That was the episode when she was proved to me the ONLY one who infact got the task right and the other 2 who tried to make her look like an idiot were wrong.
This is correct. She correctly identified there was a resale value associated with what they were collecting.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Don't get me wrong, Susan's got plenty of flaws. The infamous 'children' comment wasn't even her worst IMHO, there was that one episode where she completely misunderstood who was supposed to be paying who for a service/product.

If that was the scrap metal round then she may have gone about it in the wrong way, but if they had offered some cash for the scrap desks etc then they would have won the contract and made more money. The other team who did win that particular contact offered to do the work for free and therefore got the money from their resale

Edit: way too slow

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, she wanted to actually pay for the stuff. Big difference. The other options were take it for nothing for the obvious resale value, or (as the other lot tried) charge £100. So as the task showed since they got it for nothing, you didn't have to pay for it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
No, she wanted to actually pay for the stuff. Big difference. The other options were take it for nothing for the obvious resale value, or (as the other lot tried) charge £100. So as the task showed since they got it for nothing, you didn't have to pay for it.

As I said, I agree I don't think her logic was quite right there and she hadn't grasped the concept. But if they had offered a small sum then they would have walked away with the profit instead.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

So you are proving that Susan who wanted to pay for it, ie anything above
£ 0 would have got the deal and they sold the furniture for several hundred pounds. Susan wanted to pay them , so she fundamentally saw the furniture held value and could be sold on. The other two wanted to charge to take it away so Susan was the only one who grasped the task. Also she got the 2 extra copper cylinders which sold for £ 900 for the 5.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
US - You can't say Susan grasped that task as when questioned about why they should be paying to take away the desk she suddently stopped, looked all confused and backtracked. If she had fully grasped the task then she would have told everyone straight away that the reason why she wanted to pay the customer the money for them, not ummed and arred, and been full of self doubt. She didn't carry any conviction over it whatsoever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here