Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice series 7 starts tonight

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
US - You can't say Susan grasped that task as when questioned about why they should be paying to take away the desk she suddently stopped, looked all confused and backtracked. If she had fully grasped the task then she would have told everyone straight away that the reason why she wanted to pay the customer the money for them, not ummed and arred, and been full of self doubt. She didn't carry any conviction over it whatsoever

This. She clearly got the wrong end of the stick, and only looked good in hindsight when the other team hadn't charged. It was her naivity that made her suggest it, not her intelligence - in most cases, you would charge people.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Susan came from China without a pot to piss in, learned a new language as her own, got through an English School successfully, worked on the market stall with her parents at 13, started her own business at 18, paid off her parents mortgage and has made the final 4 of the apprentice at age 21. She has more potential in the future imo.

All hugely laudable, obviously, though sadly largely rubbish..

She grew up in AUSTRALIA.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Susan correctly decided to have a Pepper as a logo for the Mexcican food was a disaster. She idenitified the cock up with the service and suggested an alternative for the next day that worked much better, infact she was the only one of the 3 who was on the money. I don't get this Susan bashing. She has made more correct calls than anyone this series. Susan is head and shoulders above the other 3 in terms of potential and money making opportunities for Sugar. Tom who everyone seems to worship has been abjectely shit for the whole 11 weeks. His company made a loss last year, not the huge success he claims. Jim is just a bullshitter and selling is his only talent. Helen and Susan , final 2 , Susan will win.

I'm pretty sure you just want to BONE Susan, and are being nice on here, just in case she ever happens to read this thread.

She's a whiney little scorte who looks like the bad guy out of Monsters Inc.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
This. She clearly got the wrong end of the stick, and only looked good in hindsight when the other team hadn't charged. It was her naivity that made her suggest it, not her intelligence - in most cases, you would charge people.

Not this. She got the right end of the stick, but lost her confidence when the other two dimlos looked at her as if she was mental. Not having the confidence to stand up to her teammates does not make her wrong, just easily intimidated.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Last night's episode featured one of the more entertaining tasks of the series, though it was so infuriating how dumb everyone was at some point or another.

Susan asking what "El" meant, Jim bumbling through some pretty basic arithmetic in his pitch, the entirety of the losing side not realising what Caracas was, the winning side not realising that Columbus wasn't a Brit, but worst of all, NO BUSINESS PLAN from Jim, Susan and Natasha, whose card was pretty much marked after cocking up the purchasing and replenishing task from the previous week.

Helen is in the box seat for me after a superb first eight or nine weeks - even though she's been less impressive in the past couple of tasks, nobody else has raised their game and kept at that level to lodge a serious threat.

It's going to be a case of the least incompetent one winning - the final interview round should be a cracker.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Not this. She got the right end of the stick, but lost her confidence when the other two dimlos looked at her as if she was mental. Not having the confidence to stand up to her teammates does not make her wrong, just easily intimidated.

I think that's her major problem. Both her and Tom have some decent ideas, a lot more than complete bozos like Natasha and the bullshit merchant Jim, but lack the courage of their convictions and are shouted down by other less talented people.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Sadly this is largely rubbish. She went to Australia at 7 until age 13. The first 7 years she was in China. She was in China for 7 years and Australia for the next 6 years. Therefore she spent more time " growing up " in China. Basic maths really.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sadly this is largely rubbish. She went to Australia at 7 until age 13. The first 7 years she was in China. She was in China for 7 years and Australia for the next 6 years. Therefore she spent more time " growing up " in China. Basic maths really.
YOU said "she came from China without a pot to piss in", which is not quite the same thing as "spent half her childhood growing up in Australia before arriving in the UK and being sent to a private school in Croydon. I think his point still stands, personally.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
YOU said "she came from China without a pot to piss in", which is not quite the same thing as "spent half her childhood growing up in Australia before arriving in the UK and being sent to a private school in Croydon. I think his point still stands, personally.

Ok Simeon his point stands and mine doesn't. I think she came from a very poor background in China for 7 years. Still you know better.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Even though Susan is annoying and naive to the point of stupidity, I certainly can still see her winning in a weak field. I'd liken the winner of this series to Portsmouth's FA Cup success a couple of years ago.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Says that man that buys mail order brides and loves dead horses that are now whiskas

I went out with a Malaysia woman who has spent all her adult life in the UK including raising 2 children in the UK, FUCKWIT. I will ignore the horse comment as it just shows what an utter wanker you are. At least its reminded me why I do not go on NSC anymore so thanks for that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ok Simeon his point stands and mine doesn't. I think she came from a very poor background in China for 7 years. Still you know better.
What the f*** is wrong with you, you irritatingly sensitive little wall flower?

At the end of the day, you painted a picture of total hardship which is patently BOLLOCKS in my view. Sorry if that offends your delicate little eyes.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I went out with a Malaysia woman who has spent all her adult life in the UK including raising 2 children in the UK, FUCKWIT. I will ignore the horse comment as it just shows what an utter wanker you are. At least its reminded me why I do not go on NSC anymore so thanks for that.

29,948 posts yer right you dont come on here much lol.......you are a joke mate

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

What the f*** is wrong with you, you irritatingly sensitive little wall flower?

At the end of the day, you painted a picture of total hardship which is patently BOLLOCKS in my view. Sorry if that offends your delicate little eyes.

Well, quite.

US - you need to grow a thicker skin, or not bother trying to debate anything. You clearly stated that she arrived here from China, with nothing, and had to learn the language, whilst dragging herself up from her hardships.

The TRUTH is actually that she spent her pre-school years in China, then enjoyed six years of schooling in Australia (where they speak ENGLISH) before arriving here and enrolling at a private school. Not EXACTLY the picture you were trying to paint, is it?

As ROSM alluded to - I can see why you are rooting for her - you are both very similar in the way you play the 'its all so unfair' card as soon as you are losing an argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here