Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice series 7 starts tonight

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Jim should definitely have gone but ultimately Sir Alan recognises that he is a good salesman. A despicable person yes, but also a good salesman. Not saying they go hand in hand but with Jim they do !!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Don't think that's in the spirit of the competition, Tim.

BTW, funny how they didn't mention distribution. How exactly do you distribute a regularly freesheet to active* OAPs?

* Not in nursing homes

Exactly what I was thinking. Get the supermarkets involved and it would be ok. Plenty of over-60s doing their weekly shop would take one.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
If the mag had simply been called HIP, it would have performed much better.

I agree although might have put a question mark at the end - HIP? - as it works as a question about whether you are hip (many 60 year olds would have considered themselves hip in their time) or as in "how is the hip".

I thought the best name came from one of the blokes in the bowls club - Zimmer. It had the ironic touch but was also fairly memorable/catchy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nick clearly absolutely hates Jim.

I give Jim two more episodes absolute max, unless he can change his horribly arrogant outlook.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
How much is the show altered to maintain and please audiences? Because this week it seems quite obvious that Jim was kept to keep entertaining us which slightly puts a downer on it really. The same with that Baggs guy last series.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
How much is the show altered to maintain and please audiences? Because this week it seems quite obvious that Jim was kept to keep entertaining us which slightly puts a downer on it really. The same with that Baggs guy last series.

There's clearly a lot of manipulating and creative editting going on to keep the show entertaining and appealing to the viewers. It's not a programme designed to really uncover the next top business people, they are all decent sales folk and that's about it. The producers have to work to keep it as an entertaining gameshow

I agree although might have put a question mark at the end - HIP? - as it works as a question about whether you are hip (many 60 year olds would have considered themselves hip in their time) or as in "how is the hip".
Some sixty year olds think that this is their time. Others are still wallowing in nostalgia for the Summer of Love. Either way, hip replacement doesn't press the button.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nick clearly absolutely hates Jim.

I give Jim two more episodes absolute max, unless he can change his horribly arrogant outlook.

But its in the rules that there always has to be one complete stroker in the final, the one who's so far up his own arse he can see his own teeth, and this year that's Jim, surely?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I think they are just leaving him in until the interview task, where they will just rip him to pieces.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think they are just leaving him in until the interview task, where they will just rip him to pieces.

Yep. You always need one who has blown their own trumpet a little too much for the interview phase, just for comedy viewing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When is that absolutely USELESS Leon going to be kicked out. He is f***ing shit and never ever does anything properly. This week was typically shite when doing his "pitch" and was consistently being bailed out by one of the women. He then had the temerity to moan about the fact that he was being interrupted. Yes, because you sound like A DRIP, Leon

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When is that absolutely USELESS Leon going to be kicked out. He is f***ing shit and never ever does anything properly. This week was typically shite when doing his "pitch" and was consistently being bailed out by one of the women. He then had the temerity to moan about the fact that he was being interrupted. Yes, because you sound like A DRIP, Leon

He's done remarkably well to have kept under the radar so far, particularly after that moment where Jim did the Jedi mind trick on him in the boardroom and got him to change his mind. Odd how people like Edna (who was incredibly annoying but no worse in a business sense) have been booted because Sugar reckons they're trying to hide or claim credit for stuff they haven't done, but Leon has been a total wet lettuce so far and contributed bugger all yet is still in.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm glad Zoe didn't get brought back on the basis that she came up with the name. At the end of the day it was only her suggestion, two of the three said yes (susie disgreed). Getting the name wrong is a group failure not an individuals

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm glad Zoe didn't get brought back on the basis that she came up with the name. At the end of the day it was only her suggestion, two of the three said yes (susie disgreed). Getting the name wrong is a group failure not an individuals

But if it had been a great success she would have been mouthing off in the boardroom that she won the task alone!

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Michael Sheen and Helen stood out again - they had every right to raise eyebrows about the Loadedesque magazine, and could have won that task far more easily had Natasha taken heed of it.

Jim was awful as team leader last night, he's turned from hero to villain in a matter of a couple of weeks and surely has no chance now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought Natasha was very lucky last night. Jim's market was increasing, he won the pitch count 2 to 1 and both of those he won said the Lads Mag Market was dying. Had Natasha lost she was exposed because the rest of her team are really good and Helen / Tom were both against the concept from the start.

Last night was all about Jim blowing a great opportunity. Most neutrals would have booted him off but Sugar clearly thinks he's got something. Jim's team was shit, they all realised he was a big player and doing f*** all to help him was going to expose him to the chop. There was no creativity there whatsover, especially on the Mag title. Christ, even I came up with "Swinging 60s" which was a better suggestion than any of the bollocks they came up with.

Helen and Tom go from strength to strength, while Melody didn't do herself any harm. It looks to me a 4 horse race has just become a 3-horse race.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here