Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice series 7 starts tonight

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought Lord Al got it wrong last night. I don't disagree with you, Pavilionaire, I agree that's what Lord Sugar was thinking about when he fired him. But I don't think he might the right decision and I can't understand why the girl who wasn't involved was allowed to duck out of the way and Gavin, who was a dire manager I grant you that, was punished for being willing to take the risk of managing. And they didn't perform THAT badly. The other team were praised for how they got on, but they won by a tiny margin. I find it quite frustrating that there is no middle ground in the Apprentice. You're either brilliant and won, or you lost because you were shit. Business isn't like that, life in general isn't like that. I think the programme is very short sighted when it comes down to who gets the boot, but it's fantastic TV.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought the most rubbish thing last night was that the task was basically flawed. It seemed that if the second-placed team had paid just £9 less for their six items then they would have won. As opposed to the team that secured nine items and were far and away the superior team on the day in terms of effort, organisation, everything really.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The buying task is always the least interesting in my opinion. If I were on the Apprentice, I would just want to get through it. Endure it and move on to the real business tasks.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I thought the most rubbish thing last night was that the task was basically flawed. It seemed that if the second-placed team had paid just £9 less for their six items then they would have won. As opposed to the team that secured nine items and were far and away the superior team on the day in terms of effort, organisation, everything really.

I agree to an extent, but presumably the teams were told the rules, ie that you would get fined more for not finding the most expensive/difficult items, therefore they need to prioritise those. Having said that, it would have been completely unjust if the other team had won - utter shambles. And of course Gavin should have been fired - one of the worst team performances I've seen on the show. Honestly, if you were on the task would you really spend three precious hours trying to sort out your tactics and phone for leads rather than just getting out on the road? Ridiculous.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I thought Lord Al got it wrong last night. I don't disagree with you, Pavilionaire, I agree that's what Lord Sugar was thinking about when he fired him. But I don't think he might the right decision and I can't understand why the girl who wasn't involved was allowed to duck out of the way and Gavin, who was a dire manager I grant you that, was punished for being willing to take the risk of managing. And they didn't perform THAT badly. The other team were praised for how they got on, but they won by a tiny margin. I find it quite frustrating that there is no middle ground in the Apprentice. You're either brilliant and won, or you lost because you were shit. Business isn't like that, life in general isn't like that. I think the programme is very short sighted when it comes down to who gets the boot, but it's fantastic TV.

Youa re right but THATS HOW IT IS IN BUSINESS. In sales there is no middle ground, either you hit your targets or you are out... no excuses... andf th team leader is ALWAYS the first to carry the can. He was the boss... he had a really hard team but he spectacularly failed to manage them. Of course, we only see the edits so we don't know everything that happened.... but allowing that girl to phone the Rıtz was just ludicrous... if she had been my employee I'd have serioyusly considered resigning myself for employing such a prat!

He honestly didnt have a leg to stand on..... this was the easiest firing Ive seen in a long time.

Saying that Vincent is on borrowed time (yet he did get results) and the other team were lucky.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

HOW??? A get contract over B becuase they offered 8p less.... pretty standard result in business. The winning team were not far and away better because they chose one location and focussed everything on it. They ahd no plan B so when the location wanted a ridiculous price they pretty much ended paying over the odds. I wonder why they didn't get estimates over the phone before theywent there. The losing team were better negotiators, the winning team were better at planning (with the HUGE exception of the above).... considering that the key objectives was negotiating, you may feel a bit sorry fro the losing team... but Gavin deserved to go.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
HOW??? A get contract over B becuase they offered 8p less.... pretty standard result in business. The winning team were not far and away better because they chose one location and focussed everything on it. They ahd no plan B so when the location wanted a ridiculous price they pretty much ended paying over the odds. I wonder why they didn't get estimates over the phone before theywent there. The losing team were better negotiators, the winning team were better at planning (with the HUGE exception of the above).... considering that the key objectives was negotiating, you may feel a bit sorry fro the losing team... but Gavin deserved to go.

The losing team provided 60% of what the client wanted. The winning team provided 90% of what the client wanted.

But you're probably right. In this business day and age the team providing 60% of what the client wanted would probably win the contract for all the wrong reasons.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Whose for the chop this week, it sounds like the girl who had made money creating her own face cream was getting a battering in the adverts.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Team titanic, the wit of sugar

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why can't he invest in enough sodding chairs for them all to sit down?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Chinese lass has a faced like a slapped arse at the moment, not happy!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here