Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice series 7 starts tonight

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is where the concept of the Apprentice falls down sometimes. The girls team were appallingly shit at every stage of that task, but won because the magazine pitch was massively weighted over the others. Whoever won that pitch won the task and the bloke making the decision obviously took a personal dislike to the boys' app.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Two of the women have been even more anonymous than Alex. Lucky for them the girls somehow winged the task.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bad decision to fire Alex, Leon is a tit

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's the little asides to camera that make the programme brilliant isn't it. The looks from Sugar, Nick Hewer or Karren Brady, an even from the candidates when someone says something daft. Genius.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Next episode tonight BBC1 9PM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011ddzy

The candidates are called to meet Lord Sugar at London's famous Savoy Hotel to be briefed on their next task. Following a 220 million pound refurbishment, the hotel requires a number of last-minute items prior to its grand reopening.
The business hopefuls have nine hours to source ten products, and their powers of negotiation are pushed to the limit as they attempt to track down everything on the hotel's unusual shopping list and purchase them at the lowest possible price.
Nick and Karren watch on as the candidates get increasingly desperate in their attempts to find quality items at bargain prices. With the deadline looming, tension reaches fever pitch as last-minute deals are struck. Both teams are faced with a dash to the Savoy to have their purchases inspected by the scrupulous eye of the hotel's general manager.
Missing or incorrect items are subject to penalty fines, and this leads to a dramatic result in the boardroom. The losing team gets a grilling from Lord Sugar, and the blame game begins before one of the remaining candidates hears the fateful words: "You're fired!".

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The only good thing about the buying tasks is when there is an item with an ambiguous name, causing ludicrous suggestions to be made as to what the item actually is.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Just caught up with the first two episodes - looks to be the same old story of the team making the least mistakes are skidding through, rather than anyone coming up with something remotely clever and winning on merit. Entertaining to watch though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The only good thing about the buying tasks is when there is an item with an ambiguous name, causing ludicrous suggestions to be made as to what the item actually is.

:lolol: Flashbacks to the Blue Book from last year! It's a shame the boys team (The Brand and the fop wasn't it?) found out it wasn't the American magazine they were looking for. Can you imagine what Lord Al would have said?!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm finding this series really interesting and am looking forward to tonight's programme. I think the Irish lad has a great chance of winning.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Just caught up with the first two episodes - looks to be the same old story of the team making the least mistakes are skidding through, rather than anyone coming up with something remotely clever and winning on merit. Entertaining to watch though.

This is quite a good summary. I actually thought some of the best ideas came when they did the Junior Apprentice, with half of those kids far more talented than the lot this year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm finding this series really interesting and am looking forward to tonight's programme. I think the Irish lad has a great chance of winning.

He certainly shows a lot of the right qualities. Happy to take responsibility while always subtly getting across that it was due to somebody else's failure to take responsibility. The way he talked that pipsqueak out of bringing him back into the boardroom last week was pure genius, as well as killing off any remaining chance that aforesaid pipsqueak might have had.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The way he talked that pipsqueak out of bringing him back into the boardroom last week was pure genius, as well as killing off any remaining chance that aforesaid pipsqueak might have had.

That was TV Gold, I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Nick, Karen and Sir Alan's faces were brilliant.

The only one on there who can beat Jim Eastwood IS Jim Eastwood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here