Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice - series 6 - 2010

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Thought she'd talked herself out of it with that last burst in the boardroom..!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thought she'd talked herself out of it with that last burst in the boardroom..!

That's exactly what I said! I thought she'd scuppered herself there, was talking far too much and sounding far too desperate. If this series has shown anything, it would be that Lord Sugar is easily swingable. Stuart spoke of a field of ponies, and he stayed in favoured of the brilliant Liz. Stella didn't even promise animals, but her "passion" swayed it for her. Chris didn't have the option of an outburst, he'd sound far too dull and boring to make an impact. Unfair fight.

Stella isn't an Apprentice. I'm baffled that Chris was overlooked, but I think Lord Sugar hired someone more naturally suited to his business.

Also, what possible reason for Shibby and Melissa to be in the final task and not Stuart and Laura? I am biased, but I think that was outrageous (see what I did there?).

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Another year till i hear ' I'm so passionate about this job..'

Got right on my tits by the end of this series.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel short-changed.

During the series Sugar banged on about the right candidate needing to have "that spark of genius", "entrepreneurial flair" etc yet by Dara's show tonight the two adjectives the Lord himself used to describe winner Stella were, and I quote, "meticulous" and "determined".

The bottom line is he bigs his show up as something like it's Britain's search for the next Richard Branson when it's actually Alan Sugar's search for Departmental head of the Marketing department of Widgets Incorporated, a subsidiary of 2nd Rate IT Hardware plc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great series - strong line up - apart from lady gaga who was the worst candidate ever...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I feel short-changed.

During the series Sugar banged on about the right candidate needing to have "that spark of genius", "entrepreneurial flair" etc yet by Dara's show tonight the two adjectives the Lord himself used to describe winner Stella were, and I quote, "meticulous" and "determined".

The bottom line is he bigs his show up as something like it's Britain's search for the next Richard Branson when it's actually Alan Sugar's search for Departmental head of the Marketing department of Widgets Incorporated, a subsidiary of 2nd Rate IT Hardware plc.

This is spot on - although head of marketing sounds a bit glamorous. I think it's more like manager for paper-clip administration.

If he wanted someone who was a bit maverick and not a steady Eddie, then it should have been Chris. Stella is the epitome of a cautious Carol.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think you only have to look at her background to see the cautious tag is unfair. She has climbed a lot further than most - so to write her off is not only unfair but also short-sighted. Give her the chance - she seems to be the sort of person who will grow into the opportunities.

I only saw the final two programmes mind - so am no expert on their characters.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is spot on - although head of marketing sounds a bit glamorous. I think it's more like manager for paper-clip administration.

If he wanted someone who was a bit maverick and not a steady Eddie, then it should have been Chris. Stella is the epitome of a cautious Carol.
FFS, Chris the posh stockbroker is a maverick and Stella, raised in children's homes and who forged a career after leaving school at 16 is a cautious Carol? I think not.

What I do think is that the editing of the programme simply leaves the producers open to charges of hypocrisy owing to the contradictions implied by various throw away remarks that happen to make good viewing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Simster you knobber, you WELL hinted weeks ago that Stella was going to win.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sugar, like Cowell, is looked on as a "GOD" by the media. When he joined Dara last night, it was if he was doing everyone a favour by turning up.

There's no such thing as bad publicity Al.

Didn't think Chris deserved to be in the final prior to last night but thought the lad did well on the night. Stella was the strongest over the 12 weeks.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
FFS, Chris the posh stockbroker is a maverick and Stella, raised in children's homes and who forged a career after leaving school at 16 is a cautious Carol? I think not.

What I do think is that the editing of the programme simply leaves the producers open to charges of hypocrisy owing to the contradictions implied by various throw away remarks that happen to make good viewing.

I don't think the backgrounds of the candidates has any relevance to whether they're creative or not. Stella's strengths were in organisation and people management rather than having oddball ideas. Chris was far more creative than her.

I think Stella was a worthy winner BTW - she was consistently good, was nearly always on the winning team and was exceptionally polished. Chris lurched from triumph to disaster and back again. He was often on the losing side and often made a horlicks of things but he decidedly wasn't the steady Eddie of Sugar's nightmare.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It was always Stella's to lose, like others have said thought she messed up and had lost it when she got personal though

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
While I do agree overall with what Pavilionaire said (ie the show is not what it said on the tin), you can't seriously claim posh Chris is some sort of maverick genius. He was a solid candidate, and made a couple of exceptional calls. The idea that his sales skills sold that dress is ridiculous. You could have doubled the price and she'd have bought it. However, the one in the bus tour episode, before the numbers had even been announced Joanne and Jamie had already started lining him up for the chop if his agency move had failed, but it worked. Great call.

I thought Stella was by miles the person you'd most want in a senior post in your company, but if you wanted the real entrepeneur it had to be Baggs, Sugar was too harsh on him for what was a minor embellishment in the big picture.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought Stella was by miles the person you'd most want in a senior post in your company, but if you wanted the real entrepeneur it had to be Baggs, Sugar was too harsh on him for what was a minor embellishment in the big picture.
You know, I remain unconvinced that Baggs was the total bellend he was made out to be, and even if he was I suspect that the brash, know-it-all trait could have been knocked out of him, without harming his entrepreneurial character.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
While I do agree overall with what Pavilionaire said (ie the show is not what it said on the tin), you can't seriously claim posh Chris is some sort of maverick genius. He was a solid candidate, and made a couple of exceptional calls. The idea that his sales skills sold that dress is ridiculous. You could have doubled the price and she'd have bought it. However, the one in the bus tour episode, before the numbers had even been announced Joanne and Jamie had already started lining him up for the chop if his agency move had failed, but it worked. Great call.

I didn't say that Chris was a genius, I said he was a maverick. Perhaps inconsistent would have been better but one thing he wasn't was a plodder. The bus deal was very inventive and I couldn't imagine any of the other candidates coming up with that. There was also his ridiculous yarn-spinning in the buying episode - something that, again, I couldn't imagine anyone doing. But he made far too mistakes to be a genius.

Personally, I'd have gone for Joanna as I thought that she was the only one with any real entrepreneurial spark. The Brand might have run his company but, as someone said earlier, it's easy to take risks when your parents are millionaires. I thought that Joanna, who had the best winning ratio of all the candidates, was the one unfairly dismissed in the last episode.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The bus deal was very inventive and I couldn't imagine any of the other candidates coming up with that.

The bus deal was a narrowly avoided f***-up. They could have sat back and not sold a single ticket and STILL had 20% of everything the team made that day. He got very very lucky. I have no idea why people - including Sugar - were spinning that as a brilliant move. He didn't think it through. It didn't look like a deliberate ploy to secure their distribution. He just made a naive offer (the tour people looked bloody surprised and then were not preprared to releaser them from the contract) and got a way with it. Could easily have stuffed them up and he'd have been gone. Suspect a bit of post-event re-editing to make it seem like it was inspired to help justify putting Chris in the final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here