Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The annual waiting for the upper tiers to open thread.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Try picking the team for this one :mad:

Button
Balogun
Webster
Duffy
Bernardo
Alzate
Stephens
Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh
Gross
Murray

Subs Connolly Steele Tolaj Dunk Richards Cochrane Bong

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Curious to know how much the U18s, playing as the first team, losing to Villa in the Carabao Cup has dented the sales of tickets to this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Curious to know how much the U18s, playing as the first team, losing to Villa in the Carabao Cup has dented the sales of tickets to this.

Good question.

Surely he won't do it again? . . . will he? :ohmy:

He won't.

This time there is no injury crisis and no PL game 3 days later.

I agree, that he PROBABLY won't, but it is a very decent point raised by [MENTION=34787]BNthree[/MENTION]

If Potter isn't intending the throw the game, and the club are interested in actually getting a crowd, then some sort of reassuring club statement about taking it seriously, would probably be worthwhile.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FWIW, given that Wednesday are 6th in the Championship, in just about the most important season in their history (in that they are absolutely Fcked if they don't go up this year), with THE MOST MASSIVE GAME IN ALL OF FOOTBALL HISTORY against THE Leeds, next up, they won't be anything like full strength.

Which means that I'm fine with seeing a mixture of Button, Balogun, Schellotto, March, Alireza, Murray, etc and a COUPLE of youth (Hayden Roberts and Teddy Jenks were fantastic in the Villa game). A repeat of the wholesale weakening, we saw against Villa, would be a disgrace.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One other thing - this is th FA Cup (the premier domestic club cup competition), not the league cup (which should probably be binned completely).

He should therefore take it more seriously IMO

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I agree, that he PROBABLY won't, but it is a very decent point raised by [MENTION=34787]BNthree[/MENTION]

If Potter isn't intending the throw the game, and the club are interested in actually getting a crowd, then some sort of reassuring club statement about taking it seriously, would probably be worthwhile.

This. The club needs to appreciate how peeved many of us were/are about the Villa debacle - and not take our custom for granted.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Might get a clue in his press conference (Thursday ?)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Might get a clue in his press conference (Thursday ?)

Won’t be able to say anything until Wednesday’s match is over and injuries and fitness have been assessed. I think we’ll see Glenn, balogan, Bernardo, steele or button, bong, schellotto, plus Ali, Connolly, Stephens, gross and Alzate if they don’t play against Chelsea, plus a few U23s.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What sort of an audience are we looking at 20,000ish??

I’ve not yet made my mind up but having only attended one home game this calendar year I might make the effort to start 2020 on a positive note, especially given the generous pricing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The current indication is the crowd will be a fair bit smaller than recent similar ties...

2018 5th Round v Coventry 26,966
2019.4th Round v West Brom: 27,001

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The current indication is the crowd will be a fair bit smaller than recent similar ties...

2018 5th Round v Coventry 26,966
2019.4th Round v West Brom: 27,001

They were both swollen by massive travelling audiences, although I understand there will be a 4,000+ audience from Sheffield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here