Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The annual waiting for the upper tiers to open thread.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think it is pretty obvious that the circumstances are very different.

The last Cup game was 3 days before Chelsea away in an injury and illness crisis.

This time there is 7 days until Everton away and only 2 or 3 injuries ( the uncertainty over this number is because March could well be back and get some minutes ).

I can't see anyone outside the senior 25/26 getting a game.

Stop talking sense. It’s disregarded when it comes to the Villa game

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shirley then, the starting line up will be:

Ryan
Montoya Webster Dunk Bernardo
Jahanbakhsh Propper Bissouma Mooy Alzate
Maupay
It won't be that team for sure. Perhaps :

Button

Schelotto
Balogun
Duffy
Webster
Bong

Stephens
Băluţă

Alireza
Murray
March

for example.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Button

Schelotto
Balogun
Duffy
Webster
Bong

Stephens
Băluţă

Alireza
Murray
March

for example.

9 changes from my purported form team.

I hope Massive make wholesale changes too. Would hate their 3,000 ********s going back up north thinking they’re world beaters.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
9 changes from my purported form team.

I hope Massive make wholesale changes too. Would hate their 3,000 ********s going back up north thinking they’re world beaters.
I suspect Massive are more focused on their game at Mighty a week later.

Whatever the line up, the point originally responded to was that we'd be fielding U18s.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Whatever the line up, the point originally responded to was that we'd be fielding U18s.

To me, it's a simple question of whether Potter actually wants to win the match.

The bench against Villa suggested he didn't, which was a slap in the face of anyone who travelled.

It was literally the weakest (least experienced) line-up of any team in the round.

Sure, blood some new players - we all want that. But at least put out a competitive starting XI, with some experience on the bench if needed.

We could have easily been in the League Cup semis this season.

STILL annoyed about it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Button

Schelotto
Balogun
Duffy
Webster
Bong

Stephens
Băluţă

Alireza
Murray
March

for example.

I don't think that's far off and it's a decent looking side. My only change would probably be, with BDB out for a while, that we go to 4 at the back and give Webster a rest so we don't knacker another centre back. I'd then go three in mid with the addition of either Bissouma, Alzate or Gross. Still very strong.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Genuinely, it will be interesting for me to see how many Potter makes from that 11 I’ve put forward there.

9 upwards would be telling.

Telling of what? Telling of four games in eleven days? Telling that Premier League survival will always be the priority? Telling that it’s a squad game and the wider squad needs game time?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Telling of what? Telling of four games in eleven days? Telling that Premier League survival will always be the priority? Telling that it’s a squad game and the wider squad needs game time?

Was it you or another poster who mentioned that Potter won’t ‘do a Villa’ this time, because we don’t have injuries and there’s a lovely week’s rest afterwards.

We’ll soon find out.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Was it you or another poster who mentioned that Potter won’t ‘do a Villa’ this time, because we don’t have injuries and there’s a lovely week’s rest afterwards.

We’ll soon find out.

The complaints (not from me by the way) with the Villa game were the number of youngsters, not the number of changes. We made eight changes for Bournemouth in the third round last year. No one complained

If you don’t want to see the fringe players don’t go.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The complaints (not from me by the way) with the Villa game were the number of youngsters, not the number of changes. We made eight changes for Bournemouth in the third round last year. No one complained

If you don’t want to see the fringe players don’t go.

Well, who in their right mind would pay good money to go and see fringe players like Duffy, Balogun, Bong, Stephens, Gross and Murray :wink:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Well, who in their right mind would pay good money to go and see fringe players like Duffy, Balogun, Bong, Stephens, Gross and Murray :wink:

Exactly. Or a few talented up and coming players like Baluta, Richards, Roberts, Cashman and Cochrane, not to mention Bissouma, Jahanbakhsh, Alzate and Schellotto.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
TBH it's £15 for adults and £5 for kids. It's against a club we have a bit of history with but that we've mostly moved on from. We won't play our best Prem XI and we won't play eleven under 18s either.

There's your risk assesment. Caveat emptor. I'll be there in the North singing my boots off. If you don't fancy the above then don't bother :shrug:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
—————-—Button————-—
———Balogun-Duffy-Baluta——-
Schelotto——————-Cochrane
—-—Stephens—-Bissouma——-
—Jahanbakhsh —-Gross———-
————-—-Murray —————

Subs
Alzate
Steele
Roberts
Connolly
Bong
Richards
Cashman

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
TBH it's £15 for adults and £5 for kids. It's against a club we have a bit of history with but that we've mostly moved on from. We won't play our best Prem XI and we won't play eleven under 18s either.

There's your risk assesment. Caveat emptor. I'll be there in the North singing my boots off. If you don't fancy the above then don't bother :shrug:

This. It costs me £10 to watch a Tier 8 game. £15 is decent value whoever plays - but FWIW I don’t think we’ll see a Villa-type team of kids. Rotated first team squad starters and 2-3 starting perhaps. Hopefully still enough to beat Massive’s second string. North for me too for a change of scenery - pre match pint ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
This. It costs me £10 to watch a Tier 8 game. £15 is decent value whoever plays - but FWIW I don’t think we’ll see a Villa-type team of kids. Rotated first team squad starters and 2-3 starting perhaps. Hopefully still enough to beat Massive’s second string. North for me too for a change of scenery - pre match pint ?

Excellent - yes I'll text you when I know when we're arriving and meet you on the concourse. It'll be pre-match Bovril for me as I'm going on the wagon for a while but would be good to have a chat and catch up :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Excellent - yes I'll text you when I know when we're arriving and meet you on the concourse. It'll be pre-match Bovril for me as I'm going on the wagon for a while but would be good to have a chat and catch up :thumbsup:

Same...’pint’ was wishful thinking [emoji23][emoji23]
I’m going with my usual running training pal so sure we can find something to natter about [emoji16]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here