Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The annual loyalty points decimation

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Finished last season on 168, I now have 159. I really don't get the points thing. Some people get absolutely hammered while others keep the majority of points

Finished last season on 168, I now have 159. I really don't get the points thing. Some people get absolutely hammered while others keep the majority of points.
Assuming you’re a STH, it’s most likely to do with the length of time you’ve continuously held the ST, combined with the relatively few away league/home cup games you’ve attended. ie the increase in LP from holding the ST for another season is only a little less than the halving of LP awarded for attending games.

The rules on the website are pretty good at explaining what’s going on - for the last several seasons I’ve been able to easily calculate what my opening balance should be, and it always has been.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Assuming you’re a STH, it’s most likely to do with the length of time you’ve continuously held the ST, combined with the relatively few away league/home cup games you’ve attended. ie the increase in LP from holding the ST for another season is only a little less than the halving of LP awarded for attending games.

The rules on the website are pretty good at explaining what’s going on - for the last several seasons I’ve been able to easily calculate what my opening balance should be, and it always has been.
Although I've been going to games for 30+ years I've only been an ST for 3 years so it makes sense what you've said, only a couple of away games last season and only home cup games.
Thanks for the info.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
IMG_4412.png

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
For a ST holder :

Last season total points
Minus the ST points awarded start of the previous season
Divide that number by 2
Add on the points for how many years you've had an ST
Round down if you have half a point.

You don't need to be Pythagoras to work it out. You don't even need a maths GCSE.

And 1 ST point is still worth more than 10 Billion, zillion member points.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For an ST holder :

Last season total points
Minus the ST points awarded start of the previous season
Divide that number by 2
Add on the points for how many years you've had an ST
Round down if you have half a point.

You don't need to be Pythagoras to work it out. You don't even need a maths GCSE.

And 1 ST point is still worth more than 10 Billion, zillion member points.
….and yet loads on here STILL don’t understand :laugh:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
How do you figure that?
Because when I gave up my season ticket - covid season - I went down to about 26 points the following season and now three seasons of renewals later and only attending 2/3 games a season I am climbing the ladder. Next season as my 4th consecutive of Myalbion+ will see me even higher. Plus I hope to attend more games this year and will go out of my way to pick up higher points bracket away games - Prem if they get to my level, or cup games.

I knew I wouldn't be able to commit to a season ticket for a while and accepted my fate. Paying £35 for the privilege a season to access the benefit was a simple compromise I was willing to make.

But yes I accept I am below the pecking order for STH at all times. But still.

It's not rocket science.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Because when I gave up my season ticket - covid season - I went down to about 26 points the following season and now three seasons of renewals later and only attending 2/3 games a season I am climbing the ladder. Next season as my 4th consecutive of Myalbion+ will see me even higher. Plus I hope to attend more games this year and will go out of my way to pick up higher points bracket away games - Prem if they get to my level, or cup games.

I knew I wouldn't be able to commit to a season ticket for a while and accepted my fate. Paying £35 for the privilege a season to access the benefit was a simple compromise I was willing to make.

But yes I accept I am below the pecking order for STH at all times. But still.

It's not rocket science.
No need to be rude.

How many games went to tiered MA+ last season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here