Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Andrea Orlandi from Swansea' thread (merged)

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Or is he Spanish? He just played for a Spanish team....shiiit if he's not Spanish, dont sign him :)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Happy to see how this signing pans out, and am quietly optimistic - hopefully he'll be on the pitch more often than in the treatment room.

_62574851_andreaorlandiswansgetty.jpg
[/I]

:love: :love:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Swansea accept bid for Andrea Orlandi from Brighton

_62574851_andreaorlandiswansgetty.jpg

Brighton & Hove Albion are closing in on the signing of midfielder Andrea Orlandi after agreeing a transfer fee with Swansea.
Swans boss Michael Laudrup confirmed on Thursday that he has accepted a bid from the Championship side for the 28-year-old Spaniard.
Orlandi has made 90 appearances for the Welsh side, scoring three goals, since joining from Alaves in 2007.
However, he was restricted to just five games in all competitions last season.

I <3 that kit...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Don't know and don't really care if this has been posted yet but check out this vid and the comments below. This on in particular...

"Andrea Orlandi is one of the most technical players I have ever seen wearing a swans shirt.
He draws players in and oftern beats them with skill, a key member of our 2010/2011 season and one of the main reasons we got promoted and played a key role in a match against cardiff (we won 1-0). Would have played more this season if it wasn't for injury. Hes the kind of player who can slow down the tempo when your team are under attack and can find a killer ball!
Very good player and a icon in swansea!"

Some of those slide rule passes were from the top draw :drool:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Looking at that vid there is a striking similarity to Noony except Orlandi looks a class better. Early thoughts - good biz Gus.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Looking at that vid there is a striking similarity to Noony except Orlandi looks a class better. Early thoughts - good biz Gus.

..........in the fact that they both have arms and legs but that's about it for me.

Orlandi looks to have a much better first touch, better balance on the ball and a better final ball, and some of those passes I've never seen Noone make.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Read that in the Argus in fairness.

Putting you "in the frame" for Orlandi and a striker though :thumbsup: :lol:

orlandi signing has nothing to do with nooney,he was being signed whatever(cover or replace dicker who knows),now i have been given a name of a striker but i would wet my y fronts if true,ans as i have a pretty good track record,im not stupid enough to put it up here im afraid,

FourFourTwo

Jul 1, 2011
orlandi signing has nothing to do with nooney,he was being signed whatever(cover or replace dicker who knows),now i have been given a name of a striker but i would wet my y fronts if true,ans as i have a pretty good track record,im not stupid enough to put it up here im afraid,

Has he already been mentioned on here?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
*am trying to be nice to Noony*
They are both left sided and a bit skinny.....there you go, striking

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have seriously good and reliable Swansea connections and the vibes are not that good about Mr. Orlandi. Don't get too excited over this deal. IMHO HE is no better than the two Man City boys we had on loan.
Hey ho!

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Or is he Spanish? He just played for a Spanish team....shiiit if he's not Spanish, dont sign him :)

born in Barcelona and played for them

Born

03/08/1984 - Barcelona

Height

5'10"

Weight

12.3st

Honours

Champions League : 2006 (FC Barcelona); League One : 2008 (Swansea City); Liga : 2006 (FC Barcelona); Spanish Supercopa : 2005 (FC Barcelona)

Clubs

Swansea City

Attachments

• ghg.png
    ghg.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Some of those slide rule passes were from the top draw :drool:
Get Kazenga spinning onto those balls in behind the full-back (instead of Nathan Dyer) - and we're onto a winner.

Orlandi looks a classy addition.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I have seriously good and reliable Swansea connections and the vibes are not that good about Mr. Orlandi. Don't get too excited over this deal. IMHO HE is no better than the two Man City boys we had on loan.
Hey ho!

What the QUALITY Razak who now gets on Man Citys bench and the tricky barcelona-trained Assulin who both only left due to poor attitudes?

Yeah. that would be RUBBISH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here