Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex will send us down

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Never replicated the excitement at the amex once???

Yes it was (sometimes) exciting in the Goldstone North Stand, but often the atmosphere never really got going (have you watched those Norwich highlights?) All seated stadiums are a fact and it is harder to get the singing going, but when it does at the Amex it can be really loud. Were you not at the St.Patrick's day massacre of Palace?

Yes it was (sometimes) exciting in the Goldstone North Stand, but often the atmosphere never really got going (have you watched those Norwich highlights?) All seated stadiums are a fact and it is harder to get the singing going, but when it does at the Amex it can be really loud. Were you not at the St.Patrick's day massacre of Palace?

Loud does not always mean its exciting? We know the crowd size before we get there,same people next to you each game,and the crowd whipped into a frenzy by kids zone and after 85 minutes the stadiums half empty. We are just there to spend not to create any atmosphere:moo: I understand things have changed but don't kid yourselves its anything other than sterile???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Loud does not always mean its exciting? We know the crowd size before we get there,same people next to you each game,and the crowd whipped into a frenzy by kids zone and after 85 minutes the stadiums half empty. We are just there to spend not to create any atmosphere:moo: I understand things have changed but don't kid yourselves its anything other than sterile???

Maybe we all finally got roller coaster fatigue. Hard to envisage any kind of spontaneous outburst of emotion if we avoid relegation on the last day of the season. Equally hard to imagine any kind of frenzy of joy at the prospect of making the League One play-offs anytime in the near future, no matter what kind of spin the marketing department puts on it. Maybe we just got old.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
4 "facts"...

1. The Amex as a stadium is far better than The Goldstone Ground for atmosphere.

2. The Amex atmosphere is easily in the top quartile for professional football clubs in the UK. On a par with lots of similar sized clubs and miles better than some.

3. The crowd on Saturday will be around 30,000 (to watch an Albion team that hasn't consistently entertained at home for at least two years).

4. Life is a drink and you get drunk when you're young

Please do carry on with all the negative crap about The Amex and our support.

SAC

May 21, 2014
4 "facts"...

1. The Amex as a stadium is far better than The Goldstone Ground for atmosphere.

2. The Amex atmosphere is easily in the top quartile for professional football clubs in the UK. On a par with lots of similar sized clubs and miles better than some.

3. The crowd on Saturday will be around 30,000 (to watch an Albion team that hasn't consistently entertained at home for at least two years).

I realise that you like to be Mr Positive and it's good to see, but sometimes positivity seeps into delusion.

1. Are you saying that the best atmosphere at the Amex is better that the best was at the Goldstone?
2. How on earth did you work this one out?
3. I very much doubt the actual crown on Saturday will be close to 30,000
4. You pull on some weed and you pull on someone when you're young

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I realise that you like to be Mr Positive and it's good to see, but sometimes positivity seeps into delusion.

1. Are you saying that the best atmosphere at the Amex is better that the best was at the Goldstone?
4. You pull on some weed and you pull on someone when you're young

1. Miles better at the Amex
2. Yep the atmosphere is better than at most grounds.
3. I think it will be pretty close to 30,000, either way it will be the biggest in the league and more than plenty of Prem sides will be getting

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

The fact that you frame the comparison in such an unfair manner says all that needs to be said about The Amex v The Goldstone. The Amex atmosphere has been decent for run of the mill league games. It would be unbelievably good, and unbelievably loud, if you recreated the circumstances of the best Goldstone atmospheres cherrypicked from a 40 year period...

I estimated that if you take the top 100 professional football grounds in the UK, and rank them by the atmosphere generated by home fans, then you will find The Amex comfortably in the top 25. Small caveat to ensure comparison of "like with like" i.e. whilst club is upper mid-table in the Championship not playing very exciting football.

The official crowd will be close to 30,000. The number in attendance will be less because of illness, holidays, work, family commitments etc, etc. A small number will have tickets but choose not to attend for no good reason. This number with tickets but not attending is currently higher than it would be if we were playing better - so what?
Tears of rage roll down your face, but still you say it's fun (me at The Amex...? :))

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
4 "facts"...

Well said; I hardly ever bother coming on NSC these days due to all the moaning. Me, I'm looking forward to the Fulham match, love going to the Amex, and will join in the singing rather than moan about a lack of it. When times were good at the Goldstone it was great, but when times were bad it could be a morgue. Same as at just about every club.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Looks like another poor home result coming up. What has gone so wrong that we are well behind Bournemouth and Brentford. It'll be but Fulham are a great side blah blah blah at this rate we are going down and how many will bother to turn up for the next home game

Feb 14, 2010
Looks like another poor home result coming up. What has gone so wrong that we are well behind Bournemouth and Brentford. It'll be but Fulham are a great side blah blah blah at this rate we are going down and how many will bother to turn up for the next home game

Around 30, 000 if today is anything to go by. Great support shit team, thats brighton always has been

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm sorry, but the noise at the AMEX is awful. Hardly any noise from our fans at all and that's with 24000 Brighton fans, yet were tottally outsung by Brentford.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I'm sorry, but the noise at the AMEX is awful. Hardly any noise from our fans at all and that's with 24000 Brighton fans, yet were tottally outsung by Brentford.

Personally I thought Brentford were pony considering how many were there. Admittedly I've heard us louder but from the north west perspective it wasn't library o clock. Regardless what people do at football match is up to them. On the whole it was ok

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Personally I thought Brentford were pony considering how many were there. Admittedly I've heard us louder but from the north west perspective it wasn't library o clock. Regardless what people do at football match is up to them. On the whole it was ok

This.

The whole "Amex is a library" is nonsense. Stop doing ourselves down.

You want to hear silence? Go to some Premiership grounds.

And I agree, Brentford's away support, given the size, was the worst I have heard. Really poor. If they can't get animated when they are in a playoff spot there is not much you can say.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

You will never get the AMEX with an electric atmosphere as groups are always singing different things and the North stand is not deep enough to carry the noise. TBH thought it sounded ok today better than recently. Brentford were pretty rubbish for 2600 odd of them. They sang 1 song a few times that was about it. To say they out sung us was not really true

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here