Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex will send us down

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Unless we can improve results and the atmosphere there. A good result today and definitely a point gained in a game I was expected we would get spanked. I have far more faith in the performances away than at home. What's to blame?

Would that be the same Amex that has seen us make the play-offs for 2 years running? How does that work then?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Do you all remember a couple of seasons ago we were playing plackpool at home , and a seagull kept flying round the stadium. Every part of the stadium tne seagull went that whole stand shouted seeeggulls.... wel the players wouldnt of known the seagull was there as they were concerned with the game, but they heard a lot of noise. What was the score that day ? O yea 6-0

Yeah, but can we find that seagull in time for Saturday:moo:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Other teams love coming here they hated withdean.

We all hated Withdean...well, with the exception of those who actually preferred it when the club was run like a village fete because it meant they could feel more self-important, but there you go.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Would that be the same Amex that has seen us make the play-offs for 2 years running? How does that work then?
Not talking about where we finished...Fact is we're poor at home and have been since we've moved to the amex,way to many draws and midweek wins you could count on one hand in roughly over 3 seasons.Yes we've had some great results here and there,but we can't beat the worst teams in the league at home.

Feb 14, 2010
As is almost every other ground in this division for the home support. Norwich barely made a peep today just like 95% of the teams we visit. That is English football unfortunately not the Amex. Under Poyet the atmosphere was easily in the top 6 in the division.

Yes but some on NSC have an agenda to have a pop at the clubs fans, so dont let the truth get in the way of a good story. Strange to criticise a support who will have 30,000 against Fulham in a relegation scrap from the Championship. It half makes me think they are fans of other clubs and there is the green eyed monster coming out because they know their clubs cant match that. Its the same poster who wants to have a pop at Tony Bloom, without of course getting his own cheque book out of his own wallet.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As is almost every other ground in this division for the home support. Norwich barely made a peep today just like 95% of the teams we visit. That is English football unfortunately not the Amex. Under Poyet the atmosphere was easily in the top 6 in the division.
Nothing to do with poyet as the football was effective but bloody boring most of the time.The atmosphere was better because of the feel good factor around the club and better players on the pitch.

All good things come to an end and the feel good factor was always going to last 2/3 seasons max like any club 👍

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
With respect, take your press influenced inferiority complex and chuck it in the English Channel. The Goldstone and the Amex both have as good and better noise than than both Leeds and Pompey depending on the game. Really, I have had enough of this drivel by people who have probably never seen a game that has not had Brighton in it. I once watched Leeds v Coventry in the Premier League. Coventry didnt half fill the away end and Elland Road was quieter than a Convent on Good Friday.

nice post

Feb 14, 2010
I think recent displays against Bmouth and Norwich prove the team is good enough to compete.

I hope so, but they are playing to big gates and that brings expectation that has currently been beyond their ability. Why people fel the need to have a pop at our Chairman who has done more to put this club back on its feet than anyone else tho really does defy belief. Moan, whine, winge, hold albion up to standards that no other club has, carp on without solutions. Its time they packed it in.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Yep the Amex can't defend a lead! The Amex can't hold the ball up and the Amex isn't scoring enough goals!! :facepalm:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Dreadful at home in relation to away . Maybe the wording of my thread wasn't great but the home form will be the death of us as league one hurdles towards us as we time and time again fail to beat the dross at home

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Some of the posters on here make me laugh...it's as if they believe that the Goldstone was always a cauldron of noise, and they constantly moan about the "soulless" Amex. Yes the North Stand could sometimes crank it up, but watch these highlights of us beating Norwich in 1983; not a patch on the noise that the Amex can generate for an exciting match...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WEgyEQolFI

Some of the posters on here make me laugh...it's as if they believe that the Goldstone was always a cauldron of noise, and they constantly moan about the "soulless" Amex. Yes the North Stand could sometimes crank it up, but watch these highlights of us beating Norwich in 1983; not a patch on the noise that the Amex can generate for an exciting match...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WEgyEQolFI

tbf the 80's were pretty crap at the goldstone,some magic nights in the 70's produced the best atmospheres. Derby,Rochdale,palace and Ipswich come to mind???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here