Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex Is A Giant Cash Generating MONSTER. Fact.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
think the spending will slow down? i have been going mad over the last few weeks on beer and food because its all new.
will have to start taking it easy soon :albion2::albion2::albion2:

I'm not sure it will calm down that much. At Withers we used to drink in a pub before and after games as there was simply no other option. Now we drink before and after games at the stadium.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The fact that the bars are open before and after the match and it is such a great atmosphere leads me to think that we will all be spending about £15 per match more than maybe we would have done in them there olden days. So multiply that by 20,000 and then by 20 (matches per season) means approximately £6,000,000 more annual income. At a GPM (Gross Profit Margin) of 40% (conservative estimate) means we could have an extra £2,400,000 in the profit cofffers. Which would pay for 5-6 players wages.

Nice!

TNBA

TTF

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Portslade station 11.00 blue and white everywhere, never seen it like that before
I reckon i had 7/8 pints pre match (4 in the grand central, 3/4 in the ground)
1 at half time
4 or 5 afterwards inc getting into Dicks bar at about half six
1 pie (chicken)
1 programme

1 chinese on the way home that i never ate, i believe the Mrs took me to bed after falling asleep in forementioned chinese!!

Marvellous scenes, cannot wait for Tuesday, the whole experience, atmosphere blew me away.
note to self - I really need to calm this down after first couple of games!!!

bloomingood

Pull your socks up!!
Feb 14, 2011
chickenrun
At this rate of consumption I predict we are all dead by 2015 of heart failure! Shall we start a fitness club and get a few laps in before the match?

Portslade station 11.00 blue and white everywhere, never seen it like that before
I reckon i had 7/8 pints pre match (4 in the grand central, 3/4 in the ground)
1 at half time
4 or 5 afterwards inc getting into Dicks bar at about half six
1 pie (chicken)
1 programme

1 chinese on the way home that i never ate, i believe the Mrs took me to bed after falling asleep in forementioned chinese!!

Marvellous scenes, cannot wait for Tuesday, the whole experience, atmosphere blew me away.
note to self - I really need to calm this down after first couple of games!!!

A good effort Sir!

I think we will all calm down a bit, but the location of the stadium means that a lot will go straight there and drink inside the ground. Whereas most away games there are several pubs all near the ground. Hopefully the club have got a good deal and will be benefitting from our excesses.

In a related note, we carried on into Brighton in the evening and had fun getting random members of the public to pose for photos and shout 'Seagulls' etc. My mate has just put the whole album up on Facebook, I have counted over 250 people who willingly posed with us, plus dozens of others who were unwittingly included in them. Amazing that we got something like 100 different photos and not one person gave us any aggro. (and this was between around 9:30pm and 1:30am).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here