Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex Is A Giant Cash Generating MONSTER. Fact.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Got to sort those queues out, could take 50% more money if they turned it over faster minimum if wsl is anything to go by.

What the stadium really needs now is a Queueing CZAR whose job is totally focussed on roaming round the stadium on a match day, looking at where the queue pinch points are, then making sure that those pinch points are addressed in time for the next match day. Cos every time somebody is stood in a queue and can't get to buy what they want to buy, the club's potential profit takes a hit.
If the czar needs a wee while he's visiting the North Stand concourse, he'll learn all about queueing.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
Loved the North West Corner afterwards ... couldn't stay too long as driving ... may even give up my Bennett's Field parking and take the train IF gonna be like that every week

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I took three bananas, a bar of chocolate and a flask of coffee. Total spend = £0. Blame my scottish mother :smile:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Brought it home today how much money the club has lost this last decade or so with the 3 championships we had and the play off promotion we had, the lost revenue in seats, food drink, merchandise etc runs into millions and millions and millions. That is the legacy of Archer, just so he could make a few extra quid and cos he didnt care and of the nimbys who fought us all the way for nothing.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We're generating five times the Withdean revenue on matchdays according to Tony Bloom said on Football Focus.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Was so desperate to get down for the opening match that I came down on my own from Woking. What with the M25 snarl up I had to make tracks fairly sharpish but I was amazed when I was leaving at just how many people were hanging around and carrying on the party. Nobody seemed to want to leave and I sure as hell didn't.

I'm certainly going to be trying to build matches into part of a wider weekend from now on, which demonstrates the point of this thread. Just the venue alone is luring me into parting with more wedge.

I'm hooked. I love this ground.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
We should get people to sell refreshments to people in the queue at the club shop, like the hot dog people you get in American stadia. More cash!

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Last week I had about 3 pints, a Pepsi and spent just under £70 in the club shop.

Yesterday all of our group (4 of us) had at least 8 pints each, plus a pie/hot dog/burger each.

The club must be absolutely raking it in!

"At LEAST" 8 pints each?? Good effort!! Have to come & drink with you next match!!

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
What the stadium really needs now is a Queueing CZAR whose job is totally focussed on roaming round the stadium on a match day, looking at where the queue pinch points are, then making sure that those pinch points are addressed in time for the next match day. Cos every time somebody is stood in a queue and can't get to buy what they want to buy, the club's potential profit takes a hit.

The Yanks are good at this they have cctv at every queing point and deal with it by moving staff around etc

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Me and my mate had 4 and a half pints plus a pie each at the refreshments, one each at the Harveys pumps, 3 lottos, plus one programme each. That's about £100 overall with the tickets. Roll on Tuesday!

"At LEAST" 8 pints each?? Good effort!! Have to come & drink with you next match!!

Er yeah... Actually it was something like this:

- 2 pints in Lewes late morning
- 1 pint in Dicks Bar
- 2/3 pints in WSU before game
- 1 pint at half time
- 2/3 pints in WSU after game
- 2 pints in North concourse after WSU closed

Then into Brighton on the train and a couple more in various pubs... Followed by hours of walking around Brighton and taking photos of people waving our flags... A very enjoyable day! :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Was so desperate to get down for the opening match that I came down on my own from Woking. What with the M25 snarl up I had to make tracks fairly sharpish but I was amazed when I was leaving at just how many people were hanging around and carrying on the party. Nobody seemed to want to leave and I sure as hell didn't.

I'm certainly going to be trying to build matches into part of a wider weekend from now on, which demonstrates the point of this thread. Just the venue alone is luring me into parting with more wedge.

I'm hooked. I love this ground.

This. Suddenly the pre- and post-match routine will all revolve around the stadium. Get there early - have a drink and a pie, watch football focus, catch up with mates etc. Then after the game chit-chat-jaw whilst watching the highlights etc. Will completely change (and improve) how I spend my match day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pie and a pint before the game. 2 pints and a pie (steak with a healthy dollop of mustard) post match.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Spent about £25 yesterday on food, drink and programmes. Walked round to North after game and it was rammed, i couldn't believe the number staying behind. Popped back to the east where there were no queues, but was still surprised about the number of people who had stayed. Good luck to the Albion, the club needs to be cash generative to move forward and as much as we know he has done it out of the goodness of his heart, there is still much (interest free) money to be paid back to Tony Bloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here