Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex Is A Giant Cash Generating MONSTER. Fact.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was sat in Dick's Bar today for a couple of hours before the game at a table overlooking the club shop. For most of that time, the queue was snaking through the club shop and out the doors. The bars run out of drink within half an hour of them opening and the food kiosks can't cope with taking the money quick enough.

Make no mistake, we've created a cash generating MONSTER. KER-CHING!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
If we took £100K in beer and catering sales last week, we must have SMASHED that today.

The North stand concourse was rammed after the game, the beer was flowing like wine, the Harveys ran out, and trays of pints were being shipped in as fast as they could be carried from the West.

Congratulations to all at the club - what an amazing, superb, unbelievable success story.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Was sat in Dick's Bar today for a couple of hours before the game at a table overlooking the club shop. For most of that time, the queue was snaking through the club shop and out the doors. The bars run out of drink within half an hour of them opening and the food kiosks can't cope with taking the money quick enough.

My daughter keeps pleading with me to go to the club shop but I don't fancy the half hour queue to get in even at 1.30.

Safe to say it will be busy matchdays for some time in the future, especially if we keep winning.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
If we took £100K in beer and catering sales last week, we must have SMASHED that today.

The North stand concourse was rammed after the game, the beer was flowing like wine, the Harveys ran out, and trays of pints were being shipped in as fast as they could be carried from the West.

Congratulations to all at the club - what an amazing, superb, unbelievable success story.

Well said Sir

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing

You're not wrong ! Reckon the club shop alone has taken more in the last 4 weeks than probably what was taken at Withdean in the last 4 years. At this rate Tony will have his money back by Xmas and boy does he deserve it !!!:lolol:

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
I had 3 pints of Harveys, a pie and a programme (I didnt eat the programme). Very pleasing to see the cash flowing. And what made me smile was the cashier thanking by name when I paid with my Season Ticket/Top Up Card thing, quality.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I had in total 3 pints before the game, 1 at half time and 2 in Dicks bar along with a pie. Buying a programme took my spending for the day to around £25. and theres no where else I would rather spend my hard earned cash!! what an cracking day

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What the stadium really needs now is a Queueing CZAR whose job is totally focussed on roaming round the stadium on a match day, looking at where the queue pinch points are, then making sure that those pinch points are addressed in time for the next match day. Cos every time somebody is stood in a queue and can't get to buy what they want to buy, the club's potential profit takes a hit.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Yep today my spend was new shirt £40, Albion chocolate £1.99, beer and pie £6.50, beer £3.60 true won't be that much every time but that was £52 good money though!

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
I had in total 3 pints before the game, 1 at half time and 2 in Dicks bar along with a pie. Buying a programme took my spending for the day to around £25. and theres no where else I would rather spend my hard earned cash!! what an cracking day

Much the same as me! I consider £25 to be good value too!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Erring on the conservative side, if the average spend of everybody attending today was a tenner each, that racks up at nearly a quarter of a million quid. Suspect the total spend was much higher than that.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Hundreds still drinking (and singing) hours after the game.

Been to Amex shop on Sundays, and others have tried, but closed!

If club to enlarge DicksBar and extend shop hours, even more revenue, to move the club upwards.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hundreds still drinking (and singing) hours after the game.

Been to Amex shop on Sundays, and others have tried, but closed!

If club to enlarge DicksBar and extend shop hours, even more revenue, to move the club upwards.

Clear evidence that a club shop is needed in Churchill Square?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And so it should, why anyone would want to put money in those shite burger fans was beyond me at Withdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here