Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex - Facts and Figures?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Not long, not long at all now and we'll be in it. I'm sure we are all excited to finally make the dream a reality! Working in Lewes and living in Shoreham I have driven past and watched it being built from day one, twice a day. I have stared at the webcam, hit refresh on 'stadium gallery' repeatedly, hoping for the next pictures, read the Argus at every opportunity for precious information. We know the Amex is going to be different from many many stadiums up and down this country. Padded seats throughout, Fresh pies delivered to the stadium for match days, the locally brewed beers available to both home and away fans, the pictures of away teams on the walls of the concourse, the lighting in the away end. Possibly becoming a cashless stadium, I even understand we will have the biggest pitch in the country, if not beyond? I am very interested to hear any other facts or figures regarding our new home, unique or not, that other users would like to share. I just crave information!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The players have an indoor astroturf area for warming up.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
All the standard issue seats (non 1901 seats) ae the same seats as the VIP seats in the new olympic stadium
The meeting rooms in The West Stand are going to look like the beach huts on Hove Seafront
The pastel green railings seen on Brighton seafront will also be used in the West Stand (board room areas)

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
All the standard issue seats (non 1901 seats) ae the same seats as the VIP seats in the new olympic stadium
The meeting rooms in The West Stand are going to look like the beach huts on Hove Seafront
The pastel green railings seen on Brighton seafront will also be used in the West Stand (board room areas)

Wow I didn't know any of this, thank you! Can anyone clarify the pitch size information?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Wow I didn't know any of this, thank you! Can anyone clarify the pitch size information?
Gus was quoted as saying 'the pitch will be the same size as Wembley' a few weeks ago.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Carpets in the 1901 area are made of medieval horse hair sourced from dis-used wattle and daub walls from the Singleton open-air museum. The pattern of the carpets is an exact copy of the carpets on the Titanic.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We are currently homeless-god i hope they finish it :amex:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Will there be 'cashless' elements upon the stadiums opening? Will we be able to charge our smart cards with green queens and purchase pies and pints on the very first day, or is this something that will be rolled in over the months? Also, i read on here about a job being offered where people walk about in the concourses with backpacks of beer to serve the masses? I assume this is something very much like what I have seen at the County Ground during the odd 20-20 game I have seen? I like this idea, is this actually going to happen?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
concourses opened up after the game so fans can roam , although how would say the west fans get to the north without going outside ?

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Easy. They go outside, walk round and then walk back in.

50414_115065605181171_7073_n.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's OURS and we're NOT in massive shit if we can't pay for it on time.
It has to be the most photographed (and videoed) stadium build - in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here